Help need to fit ROX risers

Davegriffiths

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Referring to the attached photo, when I tried to remove nut number 4 on top of the stanchion it’s coming away with the threaded stud. Is it ok for this to happen or will I be damaging the stanchion and will it all fall apart.
Thanks Dave

Attachments

• FF3C6241-589E-4D89-83F1-A6D92B1CE92B.jpg
    FF3C6241-589E-4D89-83F1-A6D92B1CE92B.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 207
Thanks for your reply but the problem is that the nut will not come off without the stud. Can I take it out with the the stud.

Thanks for your reply but the problem is that the nut will not come off without the stud. Can I take it out with the the stud.

The stud is part of the stanchion. Even if it comes away from the stanchion you won’t be able to remove it as it won’t pull through the top yolk bush.

so can i keep undoing until i can get some mole grips below the nut to stop the stud from spinning

so can i keep undoing until i can get some mole grips below the nut to stop the stud from spinning

Are you sure the whole stanchion isn’t turning ? It’s meant to turn, you can grip it and turn it by hand. The stanchion has a hex under the yolk which you need to put an open ended spanner on to stop it from turning while you undo the top nut.

I’ve had a 19 mm spanner on the nut and the m14x1.5 nut is for some reason is unscrewing with the stud

Back
Top Bottom