Garmin 276CX - Thinking of buying - Does it show bike battery voltage?

DCoplin

Reaction score
....... I'm thinking of buying a 276cx as I used to have a 276c back in the day and I loved it.

One of the features I loved was that it would provide a voltage readout of the bike's battery (when hardwired obv) and you could display that on the info screen.

Do any of you with the 276cx know if that's still possible with the updated unit?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got one. Can’t see anywhere where a hard wire for that would go.
It will give you a live weather forecast though, if you don’t mind waiting about 8 months for it to update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked mine, and had a look at the manual for the data field options and can't see anything that indicates it measures the bikes voltage. There is a battery status, but that's for the unit's internal power supply.

I might be missing something, but my first impression is it doesn't do what you have asked.

Warlord's thread gives a good impression of all the other lovely features and benefits of the latest model though.

Monitors bike battery? I’d be surprised.

Is it like this? :nenau

Attachments

• A69C94A6-3D39-40A4-8DE3-450937D3F23B.jpeg
    A69C94A6-3D39-40A4-8DE3-450937D3F23B.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 107
  • CC0CC053-DDBC-4371-B1F7-B03667C837D2.jpeg
    CC0CC053-DDBC-4371-B1F7-B03667C837D2.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 102
Monitors bike battery? I’d be surprised.

Is it like this? :nenau

Thanks man, that's super helpful. It's not like that at all, it would show up as one of the data fields that you could add to your own dashboard. But your photo does answer my question I think, the 276c was from a world before USB as the defacto power supply so it was built to run off the bike's 12v rather than a 5v USB source. Given your second picture I reckon the power circuitry has got to be totally different on the cx so I'm probably not going to get what I wanted :-(.

Really appreciate you taking the time to help!

Back
Top Bottom