Oh dear

the voices

Reaction score
Decided to do the service on my new to me 2003 1150 ad the oil filter wouldnt come off so ended up braking the cheap spot welded removal tool got a bit more expensive one and only just got it to move with a three foot bar on it, so changed oil and all going well, got the plugs changed, still going well, get to the alternator belt and as you can see just in time all the bits that flew off ended up out the back around the alternator and nothing around the hall sensor, decided to change the fuel filter so drained the tank and opened it up and its all new pump filter pipes dated 2017 if only they had put the change date on the outside, changed the filter as it was all apart, cant wait to get back on the 1150.

Attachments

• 20200125_093120(0).jpg
    20200125_093120(0).jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 426
A timely piece of preventative maintenance:rob

First service I did on mine (10-ish years ago), all the corners came off the filter. I had to drill holes in the tool and screw self-tappers into the filter. :blast

For all services I do, I fill the service record in (plus add extra notes e.g. 'replaced clutch', 'changed final drive bearing', etc). That way, I don't forget if/when I did stuff. :augie

Attachments

• R1150GS-2000 Maintenance Schedule.pdf
    40.2 KB · Views: 55
First service I did on mine (10-ish years ago), all the corners came off the filter. I had to drill holes in the tool and screw self-tappers into the filter. :blast

For all services I do, I fill the service record in (plus add extra notes e.g. 'replaced clutch', 'changed final drive bearing', etc). That way, I don't forget if/when I did stuff. :augie

In the plain pages of my haynes, I write down the service gen, I have drawn a table on them so I can fill in the boxes. Date, oil/filters/plugs. Then additional work done in the next box. I have one page saved for jotting useful contacts for sources of alternative spares too. There is enough space for about 250,000 miles worth of servicing at 5000 mile intervals. When I have used that up, I shall glue a new sheet of paper in with a table drawn on it. :beerjug:

I service my loan bike when it has its mot, I write any “extras” that have been done on the back of the mot. :D

I don't understand why some ham fisted gorillas feel the need to tighten the oil filter up so much, when it is hand tight it only needs a final tweak up - I think the manual says 11ft/lbs of torque which is next to fuck all!

I don't understand why some ham fisted gorillas feel the need to tighten the oil filter up so much, when it is hand tight it only needs a final tweak up - I think the manual says 11ft/lbs of torque which is next to fuck all!
Completely agree. In fact I tend to not even use the tool. If the filter is clean, then wearing a rubber glove gives plenty of purchase to nip it up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom