Side stand lean angle

No point arguing about it theoretically. Check empirically. Cut a stick, mark top on tank with bars turned one way, then turn other. But I'm guessing answer is obvious to everyone already

No point arguing about it theoretically. Check empirically. Cut a stick, mark top on tank with bars turned one way, then turn other. But I'm guessing answer is obvious to everyone already

that's a very good point... JUST MEASURED IT

it leans MUCH further over to the left if the lock is on the left, than it does on if the lock is on the right.....

Botus, just to be clear, do mean to the left or right when astride the bike or looking at it from the front?

Al.

that's a very good point... JUST MEASURED IT

it leans MUCH further over to the left if the lock is on the left, than it does on if the lock is on the right.....

no it doesnt,just accept your wrong ffs

no it doesnt,just accept your wrong ffs

We need a like button.
Just looked at mine in the garage. With the handlebars are all the way to the left I can squeeze between my GSA and my XL500 that is next to it. I turned the handlebars to the right and I can no longer squeeze through the gap because my GSA is now leaning further over to the left,

The right pannier also ends up higher in the air with the handlebars turned to the right. I'll measure when we get some daylight.

My GS has Ohlins front and back. Put a GSA sidestand on it. Sorted 😀

Top pic, bars turned to left, pen mark on batten aligns with tip of fairing panel. Bottom pic, bars turned to right. Mark now approx 5mm above panel tip

Attachments

• IMG_6345.jpg
    IMG_6345.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_6346.jpg
    IMG_6346.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 192
He is probably lying under his bike after it fell over whilst trying to prove us wrong!!

Al.

i suspect his fatal error is not understanding nearside /offside LH/RH !

Back
Top Bottom