Navigator VI Waypoints

Headbean

Reaction score
here goes....
The Nav VI manual says that "By default your device skips waypoints automatically as it passes them"(P5) all well and good... and that may be the case if you ride/drive exactly through them. However, if the waypoint is to the side by maybe 50 yards or so, I am being directed back to this.
I can manually skip the waypoint by adding the "SkIP Waypoint button" to the Map...which works... but my old Zumo 660 did this automatically as the manual for the Nav VI describes..
Also, in the units settings menu under "navigation" there is an option to "Auto Skip Waypoints"...Even when this is checked is still does not skip the waypoint.. ?..

Anyone got any constructive suggestions please...
many thanks..

Petrol stations, cafes, supermarkets, pubs, etc etc

I read this as specific points that you are marking on a route (ie creating as waypoints) as places you think you might want to use but might very well change your mind about. As opposed to points where you have just plonked a waypoint 50 yards off a road, because you did not zoom in close enough. Is that correct?

I read this as specific points that you are marking on a route (ie creating as waypoints) as places you think you might want to use but might very well change your mind about. As opposed to points where you have just plonked a waypoint 50 yards off a road, because you did not zoom in close enough. Is that correct?
I have used waypoints as markers on a route, usually to make sure that I’m going to or through the right town, or along a certain road. I’ve avoided base camp before and used other maps to check the route and then manually put in into the unit and this has worked well. With the Nav VI it looks like I’m going to have to use shipping points .. the point of the post was to clarify why there is conflicting information between the instructions and the units menu...

Start using BaseCamp

Shape the route using shaping or via points

Use waypoints only for points on a route that you know you must go to or through exactly

Do this and you’ll probably never wonder about skipping waypoints again

Start using BaseCamp

Shape the route using shaping or via points

Use waypoints only for points on a route that you know you must go to or through exactly

Do this and you’ll probably never wonder about skipping waypoints again

Thank you for the tip

Alternatively, use some other software to create the route but change any waypoints it may produce (that you are not sure you must pass through) into shaping points.

As another alternative, use the device itself to create the route and change any unwanted waypoints into shaping points.

You can change:

A. Waypoints into shaping points

B. Shaping points into waypoints

C. Them all * (or just some of them) back again and keep changing them backwards and forwards whenever you fancy

all within the device itself or from within BaseCamp.

* The only ones you cannot change from a waypoint to a shaping point are the start point and the end point. These will always stay as waypoints.

PS For more help and guidance, Google: ‘changing waypoints to shaping points navigator’ or some such words.

Back
Top Bottom