Thread: For ONLY those with heated goves, not inners

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

For ONLY those with heated goves, not inners

I bought a pair of the new keis heated gloves yesterday with the carbon knuckles.
    On the ride home ONLY the knuckles got hot, infact blisteringly hot.
    My pinkies were still baltic and numb hence returning the gloves as useless!

Does anyone know if there are other makes that actually warm the inside of your hand and most importantly the fingers ta?

PS not inner gloves.

Gerbing

Quote Originally Posted by cpszx View Post
    Gerbing
    Thanks! care to give a little review of how you find them and the model you use?

Warm 'n Safe.
    touring-heated-gloves
    Here today...

Quote Originally Posted by Redboots View Post
    Warm 'n Safe.
    touring-heated-gloves
    Thanks, can you fit that gaultlet under your sleeve? What jacket do youi use with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengaz View Post
    Thanks, can you fit that gaultlet under your sleeve? What jacket do youi use with them?
    I fit them over the sleeve. Rukka or el-cheapo jacket.
    Here today...

Quote Originally Posted by Redboots View Post
    I fit them over the sleeve. Rukka or el-cheapo jacket.
    Doesn’t the water run down the sleeve and into the glove?

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Doesn’t the water run down the sleeve and into the glove?
    Not if you ride fast enough

Tuck them in and it can get blown up inside.
    Wet is nasty but warm and wet is aok
    Here today...

Are you saying that the Keis gloves got blisteringly hot when turned down to the lowest heat setting? Bit rubbish if they do.

My pinkies and part of my thumb are often not in contact with the heated grips, so it is crucial that the fingers are heated. I use Gerbing gloves and maybe also the grips to keep the inside of the hand warm.
    John Bentall

Alternatively

These would also keep your hands warm and dry. I put a set of muffs on my GS when I was doing a lot of winter riding and they stayed on until I sold the bike as I liked the idea of not wearing thick gloves and never having wet gloves. These are about £120 .... not tried them but they have 4 heat settings.

https://www.kappamoto.com/Various-ac...essories/KS604
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

I've had a pair of Gerbing 12v Hybrid gloves for probably 8 years. Last year one glove stopped working, sent them back to Gerbing and under their lifetime warranty got a new pair late last year. I have never had to have them on high, they are brilliant and waterproof. They are gauntlets and I wear them outside my sleeves and never had water run down my arms into the gloves. There is a draw cord to seal them against the arms. But I think they also make a shorter glove as well.

Either you weren’t using the gloves properly or they were faulty.
    3 pairs of theirs in the household and all heat right to the fingertips.
    On full - they will burn (well feel like it) unless it’s really cold + windchill.
    Very rarely need them on more than green (lowest) and I have permanent nerve damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengaz View Post
    Thanks! care to give a little review of how you find them and the model you use?
    I used to use Keis internal liners under Rukka r-star gloves, and they always gave good all over heat to all fingers.

Sounds like your gloves have a fault.
    I had 2 Keis gloves replaced under warranty with no problems. Go direct to Motohaus if you need to.

The main problem i found was the power wiring is fragile and had to replace the cabling multiple times.

Changed to Gerbing gloves when my Rukka gloves started leaking, use the XR-S, tucked under the cuff of my Hideout jacket.
    Cabling seems much more flimsy but is actually much more resilient than Keis.
    I just got fed up with the cable problems as well, so used a discount promotion to try Gerbing.

After putting up with the extra bulk of of glove+liner over a few winters, the single glove is much better and i wouldn’t go back.
    I might be tempted to try Keis gloves with Gerbing wiring when i need to replace them, but the Warm’n’safe look like a worthy punt too.

I have a pair of Alpine Stars Celsius heated gloves which I bought 2nd hand off here.
    They don't get too hot but keep all of the hands & fingers pleasantly warm.
    You can tuck the wires away into a zipped pocket on the outside of the glove & use them all year round, Gore-Tex too.