Small Drone

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,Thinking of buying a small drone to do some filming when off on bike.Just wanted to know how much should i be spending on one ? There is loads out there so any advice would be appreciated.

I am looking for a mavic mini. Seems very good for the task but at the moment there are some phone compatibility issues, mainly android phones.
It is also very light and no need for the CAA license.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Depends on several factors, I used to have the original Mavic Pro which was a perfect size for carrying in the top box, plus the quality of the footage in 4K was superb. Personally I'd stick with a DJI as they are generally a known quantity, and I reckon you can't go too wrong with the Mavic Pro, or Mavic Air. If you aren't too bothered about 4K and are willing to sacrifice some other features then the Mini might be a good option. For me, shooting in 4K and having decent stablisation was worth the extra spend. Mine was £1300 brand new but you can pick some ridiculously good deals on the original Mavic Pro and Air. Just make sure you see it working before you buy, they are eye wateringly expensive to have fixed out of warranty, or even worse the first time you fly it you don't want it veering off and crashing.

The Mavic Air is an awesome bit of kit. It folds up real tiny like, takes amazing 4K footage and is so smart that even an idiot like me can fly it perfectly happily without crashing it into things.

Highly recommended if you want to spend that kind of money - but I would recommend the "Fly More" kit which has 2 extra batteries (amongst other gubbins) that you WILL want.

Thanks for the info.I will take a look

Just be slightly aware that there have been issues with the mavic air in anything other than flat calm conditions when flying outside.
Unfortunately there is a trade off with the small size and weight against stability in the wind. The pro is quite happy flapping around in some pretty strong winds, in the DJI bag it fits pretty well in a top box with all the kit needed to get it airborne. Also, registration is only £16 a year so not really a deal breaker.
As already posted above, the air is pretty incredible, aimed between the mini and pro in size and price, personally have no experience with the air but only ever heard good things

Back
Top Bottom