R1200GS tyre pressures

Status
Not open for further replies.

patboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Im sure this has been commented on before. BWW state rider only 32 psi front and 36 psi back. With passenger and/or luggage 36psi front and 42 psi back.
The only reason im asking is when i tour I never carry a pillion, which i am sure plenty of other riders are in the same position. So what pressures do people use when they have loaded panniers and topbox without a pillion? Also on tour I unload my panniers at the hotel and then go local riding without the extra weight. So what do others set up their tyre pressures in the same circumstances? I would imagine most people do not want to flaff around with tyre pressures on tour either way.

I'm a fat git so I have 2.6 and 2.9 Bar front and rear at all times. I do usually have luggage on and that can have my work butties in.

36 42 regardless of weight, temp, terrain etc

Cue someone blathering on about off road dropping pressures etc, but real world 36 42 will see you right anywhere any tyre

yep agree with the above ,std issue is really 36/42. a different tyre manufacture might add a PSI or two but if you go with the 36/42 you won't go far wrong.
this is for the GS ? you have posted this in the R1200R section

Yes it is for the GS and I have obviously put in the wrong section!:blast

Thanks for all the replies. 36/42 it is then.:beerjug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom