New to me F800GSA

Totally agree,most comfortable BMW iv ridden.
Nip out for an hour then found myself riding in Wales several hours later.
Didn't need to alter the bars or seat. Why the fk did I change:blast
In the real world a great all round bike.

I've got exactly the same bike in the same colour and I have to say this is the most comfortable bike to ride I've ever owned. Also, the fuel consumption is considerably better than the 1200GSA I used to own, an important factor if you go on a long trip knowing that there's a tank range in excess of 300 miles.

Mine was averaging 55mpg, which to be honest is the same as my 2018 model r1200gsa manages when touring, but for back roads it is a bit of a barge.
To be honest if we didn't go away two up touring down to the Alps every summer the big one would be getting sold.

Mine was averaging 55mpg, which to be honest is the same as my 2018 model r1200gsa manages when touring, but for back roads it is a bit of a barge.
To be honest if we didn't go away two up touring down to the Alps every summer the big one would be getting sold.

We went out yesterday for a good long ride and even two up it just sails along no bother. The new front has made a huge difference and there aren't many places where you miss the 1200 grunt.

We did around 250 miles and even madam on the back had no issues at all with the comfort of the seat.

I'm taking it on my US trip this year (if it goes ahead) and looking forward to some long days in the saddle.

Been out again today and covered about 170 miles , really liking the bike and cannot see the 1200 getting much if any use in the UK this year.

Wife will not go on the back of the 800 as she hates the position of the fuel filler on the 800 range, stems from a hire f800gs and f800st in the Alps about ten years ago ,filler cap was sticking in her leg and after some spirited riding it left her inner thigh very bruised (as much to do with the wharfarin she takes as the bike but she has made up her mind)

Spent yesterday afternoon in the garage messing about with the bikes and have made the decision to leave the r1200gsa on SORN for the forseeable future .

IF the current sh*t blows over by late June and I get the chance to get away with my wife then I will put it back on the road.

If not it will get its first MOT and service in late September and be left off the road.

I am more than happy to use the 800 and for my solo euro tour in September again IF it happens

Well 1000 miles so far, averaging 60 mpg (with the 17 tooth sprocket fitted) ,just need to get a service sorted out

Attachments

• 005 a.jpg
    005 a.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 002 b.jpg
    002 b.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 275
Well the 800 has been sold, after the sh#t in 2020 with the motor failing,( it ate a piston and damaged the big ends and nikasil plating on the bores ) and even though the dealer stumped up for a brand new crate motor I lost the use of the bike from May until well into September .

The repaired bike was more than 100% and it ended up a better bike but I had fallen out of love with it ,especially after I bought the tdm. Also I lost the two holidays I was going away on it with the lads due to Covid so it was sitting ignored in the garage.

Real shame but it was just too close to my 1200 Adventure and not really as suited for two up touring so it went, didn't really lose out and got a good trade in price.

Just for info got a touratech seat on the for sale section and will be listing a Wunderlich folding gear lever, Black Widow silencer and Kaoko throttle lock when I sort out the photos

Back
Top Bottom