Scenic motorcycle sat nav for iOS

Hawkhurst fisheries ..... a most excellent cafe! Go there !!

That’s the route back!
I’ll send you a link for your outbound loop ...! (Lovely roads ... part of a Rapid Training route!! ... Hence the ‘meet at junc 8’!)

5974ff1bcd7e9740621bd3cbce13748d.jpg

So Wapping ..... save 'em, and come that Sunday when you're bored and don't know what to do or where to go .... You have a little spank around some good Kent roads ... !!

:beerjug:

Attachments

• hawkhurst-fisheries.gpx
    132.3 KB · Views: 68
  • fisheries-to-junc-8.gpx
    58.4 KB · Views: 62
Yep .... I'm with you. Its the future for me! (phone ... no sat nav ... )

:thumb

I am an avid tomtom go user on my phone. Just converted me to scenic as I really like kurviger.

There is rumour that the next version of tomtom go will remove support to import gpx files so lots more will be looking at alternatives

The TomTom app also only gives you 7 (?) waypoints ...

Qq on creating a route in Scenic ,on the iPad - can you drag the route, or only create a route by dropping pins?
I’m trying to assess it’s suitability for off road stuff, but obviously dropping a pin on a bit where it doesn’t think there’s a road causes confusion.

Also, can you import a track, and get it not to recalculate? Same reason as above

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not too sure is my answer.

Scenic can't create routes on a lap top as such. Routes can be created by either google maps or Kurviger for example, and are then copied into the webb app, which then appears on your phone app. (Kurviger sends it directly to your phone app).

Ive no idea how suitable it is for off road ....

(I used to use an official OS app for mountain biking that was very accurate .... )

Badly worded question! I’ve imported a route into Scenic but want adjust it, it shows where the route should be with a blue dotted line but I can’t see how to get the Scenic route to follow this.

You can create a route, btw, by giving a start and end point and selecting type of route

Badly worded question! I’ve imported a route into Scenic but want adjust it, it shows where the route should be with a blue dotted line but I can’t see how to get the Scenic route to follow this.

You can create a route, btw, by giving a start and end point and selecting type of route

You tweak the errors in the route by placing the crosshairs where you want the route to go (ie, where the error is), hitting the # button, and then it will ask you to tap the way point number immediately before the tweak ...

:thumb2

<iframe width="1000" height="605" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GHjGa1Ltnv8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You tweak the errors in the route by placing the crosshairs where you want the route to go (ie, where the error is), hitting the # button, and then it will ask you to tap the way point number immediately before the tweak ...

:thumb2

Excellent, thank you Giles, that was the piece of information I was looking for. I saw the cross hairs, but couldn’t figure out how to use them :augie

RTFM would help, I expect.

Scenic does seems to have come some way since I last played with it a couple of years ago, but I especially like Kurviger and would love to use that solely, but I'm an iPhone user. Thinking of buying a small android tablet PC just to use Kurviger, anyone using anything similar?

Scenic does seems to have come some way since I last played with it a couple of years ago, but I especially like Kurviger and would love to use that solely, but I'm an iPhone user. Thinking of buying a small android tablet PC just to use Kurviger, anyone using anything similar?

Create your route in Kurviger and then open it in Scenic. Job done, all on your iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom