Scenic motorcycle sat nav for iOS

Could do, but there's a difference in the business model, Kurviger is a one-off fee and lovely maps, Scenic is a credits/pay per use model with not such good maps. Will experiment :)

Could do, but there's a difference in the business model, Kurviger is a one-off fee and lovely maps, Scenic is a credits/pay per use model with not such good maps. Will experiment :)

Can you export to something like, MyRoute or Pocket Earth?

Interestingly on my iPhone I created a route in Kurviger, sent it to Scenic, clicked on cancel import (message with this will cost 1 credit), and the route appeared in Scenic ready for navigation.

Interestingly on my iPhone I created a route in Kurviger, sent it to Scenic, clicked on cancel import (message with this will cost 1 credit), and the route appeared in Scenic ready for navigation.

Shush your mouth ......

Is this thread morphing into something about blokes wanting to do something for free, or is it changing into something else?

I’ve been using scenic a lot recently, I live in south county Dublin and the lovely Dublin and Wicklow mountains are on my doorstep. I don’t use it to plan journeys but I do like to set a random place to go and then set the curvy roads feature. This brings me on all manner of roads and road surfaces. Messing around with the curvy roads settings produces quite different results. I have two stops to make today and I’ve no idea what roads I’ll be on. If i am lucky, lots of green lanes.

Will take a look at this app. Could be good to have as a backup!

I only use my phone for sat Nav now. Waze for boring runs on motorways, and to get me home fast from wherever I end up in the middle of nowhere.

And Scenic for getting me into the middle of nowhere. I tend to use Kurviger to plan fun routes that then dump them into Scenic. And I can control Scenic via the whiz wheel and my Wunderlinq set up.

As a backup when I’m touring I always have a paper map (remember them?) in the tank bag.

No more ghastly Garmin or basecamp nonsense for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm thinking the same for road rides, but there's such a plethora of apps now!

Scenic
Locus Map
MyRoute
Viewranger/outdooractive (anyone know what outdoor active does?)
Pocketearth
iOverlander
Waze
Tomtom Go
Google Maps
Apple Maps

I only use my phone for sat Nav now. Waze for boring runs on motorways, and to get me home fast from wherever I end up in the middle of nowhere.

And Scenic for getting me into the middle of nowhere. I tend to use Kurviger to plan fun routes that then dump them into Scenic. And I can control Scenic via the whiz wheel and my Wunderlinq set up.

As a backup when I’m touring I always have a paper map (remember them?) in the tank bag.

No more ghastly Garmin or basecamp nonsense for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Kurviger, allied to Scenic is pretty good, though it is worth checking the route that Kurviger sometimes throws up, as it can get a little bit carried away with very minor roads and / or routes that take you through a town, as junctions and roundabouts are sometimes interpreted as twists in the route, favoured by the algorithm.

Back
Top Bottom