GSA800 wheel question

Robinyuill

Reaction score
Hi there. Thinking about getting a GSA800 to replace my GSA1200 that's getting a bit old/too big for me. One thing that put me off is the thought of getting a puncture with tubed tyres in the middle of nowhere. Is there anywhere that you can get wheel rims that take tubeless tyres like the new 850. Thanks.

I believe there is a kit available to do the tubeless conversion on the existing wheels, but there's a fair bit of work involved.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

I dont know if this is very helpful but my E-MTB has tubless wheels. The inside of the wheel seems to have a resin capping all the spoke heads for a depth of over 8mm.
HTHY = seems to work very well """"""""""""""""" up to now

Hi there. Thinking about getting a GSA800 to replace my GSA1200 that's getting a bit old/too big for me. One thing that put me off is the thought of getting a puncture with tubed tyres in the middle of nowhere. Is there anywhere that you can get wheel rims that take tubeless tyres like the new 850. Thanks.

Got a set of Alpina rims for my '13 F800GSA, total piece of mind.

I have done several long trips with them and had no worries.

Bike coming up for sale soon, I can keep you posted.

Googled, and they seem to be €1900 a pair before delivery.
Think I will pass on that option

Central wheel components do a tubeless system called ATS. Myself & a mate are having ours done next week. £119 per wheel.

I done the wheels on my 800 gsa. Home made system. Siliconed the tops of the spikes and then denso tape around the rim. Worked on back wheel but I could never get front to seal properly. The back rim is a safety rim with a moulded in hump that the tyre has to pop over when inflating. The front doesn’t. I don’t know if that caused the front to loose air or if it was a mistake I made while tapping the rim. Be aware that if the front tyre deflated the tyre can move into the center of the rim easily because there’s no hump to stop it. JJH

At the moment have both my f800gsa and my brother in laws f850gs sitting in the garage and reckon that if the rear wheel from the 850 was reversed it would fit the 800 with no problems and the front tubeless one off the 850 might also be feasible with a few tweaks

Back
Top Bottom