R1200r lc delivered today.

I paid a deposit on a low miles (870) 68 plate 1200 R Sport today. Should be delivered next week.

Anyone know if my GS vario top box will fit the BMW box plate on the R?

First ride on it today and very pleased.

Stayed in rain mode.

Lots to learn yet about its modes and screen options.

Non of these on my 05 GS!

Glad I sprayed fs365 first. Got absolutely filthy.

Fender extenders and crud catcher needed.

Tried friends vario top box and confirmed it fits.
1a9ce7fdc899e4642199a7c4c5d3bac3.jpg
727d016bfef4fafff0e8a17f936ef13b.jpg
87691c7736dc66488cccb80238729966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will also see if the bar muffs on my GS will fit.

I have an R1200RS. I used R319 tucano bar muffs on my R1150GS. I had to fit Barkbuster Storm handguards (other makes available) before the Tucano would fit okay on the RS.

Most of my RS mods will fit the R.

Givi do a plate that fits over the BMW rack for a topbox.

SW Motech do quick release luggage rails that allow you to fit adaptors to so you can use standard Givi/Kappa Monokey panniers rather than the V system that Gyp had to bodge to get it to fit with a fruitier exhaust.

Givi Tanklock is the best tank bag system

Puig hugger identical to the Wunderlich one but probably cheaper. Some say the Mudsling is better. No idea, I have the Puig.

MV Motorrad peg lowering kit is excellent

Grip Puppies or similar increase the very small diameter of the grips

First ride on it today and very pleased.

Glad I sprayed fs365 first. Got absolutely filthy.

What I can tell you, based on my 200 mile test ride of a 1250R on wet roads, and a chum's experience on his 1200R over 4 years, is that the bike AND rider get completely filthy. It's astonishing how dirty you get. My test ride on Cooper's demo 1250R, the back of my jacket and my helmet got covered in muddy road spray.

I'm really looking forward to mine and working a solution [sell it and get an RT]

Puig hugger identical to the Wunderlich one but probably cheaper. Some say the Mudsling is better. No idea, I have the Puig.

The main difference is the huge price differential. Given that Puig are a manufacturer, my money's on them supplying Wunderlich.

Still mullin' what I'm going to fit to mine. :idea

What I can tell you, based on my 200 mile test ride of a 1250R on wet roads, and a chum's experience on his 1200R over 4 years, is that the bike AND rider get completely filthy. It's astonishing how dirty you get. My test ride on Cooper's demo 1250R, the back of my jacket and my helmet got covered in muddy road spray.

Ah yes, good reminder.

Larger rear mudguard. It doesn't solve the problem but it reduces it.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=19781&share_type=t&link_source=app

The main difference is the huge price differential. Given that Puig are a manufacturer, my money's on them supplying Wunderlich.

Still mullin' what I'm going to fit to mine. :idea

when I said identical I actually meant it is the very same thing apart from a different label - yes, to be absolutely clear, Puig make the Wunderlich item

I'm really looking forward to mine and working a solution [sell it and get an RT]

The roads are absolutely minging just now, nothing egts away clean, even artics.

excellent bike had the sport before my k1600,wish i still had it,but found it lacking 2 up.
i have 2 screens for sale if interested 1 brand new in the box.
pm me .

Back
Top Bottom