R1200r lc delivered today.

Tbolt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2018 ex BMW bike with less than 700 miles.

Base model but packed with upgrades.

Looking forward to getting to know it.

Which mods first what GS farkles bolt straight on?

Thanks
Gerry

3ccdd64d85f72f9a07c30c4e3b213079.jpg
9680ddff661f107ecec4d2245487c491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
Gerry

3ccdd64d85f72f9a07c30c4e3b213079.jpg

GS handguards with Givi extensions or similar after market handguards for the GS go straight on and are a godsend in the winter

GS handguards with Givi extensions or similar after market handguards for the GS go straight on and are a godsend in the winter

Thanks, I will also see if the bar muffs on my GS will fit.

Looking very nice....enjoy

Thanks
Gerry

Think first mod would be to put some petrol in it :D

Enjoy :beerjug:

Heated grips and a 12v socket for a jacket

Both fitted already :thumby:

The R & RS still have an under seat 12v socket like my old GS, but on the opposite side.

Will be using my new Blazewear suit and gloves on this.

How about a fruity Remus Hexicone carbon end can and carbon shield?

Attachments

• 106F19B9-B743-4947-BF0A-7541BDE69E0E.jpg
    106F19B9-B743-4947-BF0A-7541BDE69E0E.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 474
Both fitted already :thumby:

The R & RS still have an under seat 12v socket like my old GS, but on the opposite side.

Will be using my new Blazewear suit and gloves on this.

I've never found BMW sockets to be powerful enough and keep cutting out on their self resetting circuit breaker. They've definitely not powerful enough for a compressor hence fitting my own connected directly to the battery.

R1200 Farkles

Love my 2017 R1200R sport. Went kinda farkle mad (as per usual). Some of the items:- Hugger and Mudsling. Full Akra titanium exhaust. Colour coded engine bars. Denali fog lights, rear brake light and horn upgrade. Barkbuster hand guards.Radiator guard, tail tidy, Wunderlich tall seat, peg lowering kit, baglux tank cover (although went for Givi ring and tank bag). Various screen options. Sat Nav mod so that its mounted closer on the mirror stalk with a RAM mount. Software update to add cornering ABS. Sure to have forgotten something :)

Attachments

• IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 410
I've never found BMW sockets to be powerful enough and keep cutting out on their self resetting circuit breaker. They've definitely not powerful enough for a compressor hence fitting my own connected directly to the battery.

Thanks for the tip. :thumby:

Gerry

Love my 2017 R1200R sport. Went kinda farkle mad (as per usual). Some of the items:- Hugger and Mudsling. Full Akra titanium exhaust. Colour coded engine bars. Denali fog lights, rear brake light and horn upgrade. Barkbuster hand guards.Radiator guard, tail tidy, Wunderlich tall seat, peg lowering kit, baglux tank cover (although went for Givi ring and tank bag). Various screen options. Sat Nav mod so that its mounted closer on the mirror stalk with a RAM mount. Software update to add cornering ABS. Sure to have forgotten something :)

Thanks for the info Dario. Your bike looks good.

What has been the best screen?

Thanks for the info Dario. Your bike looks good.

What has been the best screen?

Hi there

If you check the forums there has been a lot of discussion on this very subject. At the moment i have a VStream small screen fitted. I tried the medium version of this screen and found the wind noise terrible. I have a small Puig screen that i have not tried yet. My bike came with a low seat that was far too low for me (hurt my knees and back). I was thinking of getting a gel pad fitted to the low seat to make it higher but not as high as the Wunderlich seat. Reasoning is that i am still getting wind noise (not as bad) with the small VStream screen. Thinking if i drop the seat height slightly might improve things.For reference i'm 5' 10 with a 30 inch inside leg.

:aidan

Hi there

If you check the forums there has been a lot of discussion on this very subject. At the moment i have a VStream small screen fitted. I tried the medium version of this screen and found the wind noise terrible. I have a small Puig screen that i have not tried yet. My bike came with a low seat that was far too low for me (hurt my knees and back). I was thinking of getting a gel pad fitted to the low seat to make it higher but not as high as the Wunderlich seat. Reasoning is that i am still getting wind noise (not as bad) with the small VStream screen. Thinking if i drop the seat height slightly might improve things.For reference i'm 5' 10 with a 30 inch inside leg.

:aidan

Thanks I will look for threads on screens.

I took a sport with low seat for a test ride last summer and didn’t get on with it.

I am same height as you (or was in my prime) but my inside leg is 32.

I will see how I get on with the standard seat before making any changes.

If it rides like my 81 G/S I will lower the pegs.

Back
Top Bottom