Garmin VRIB compatibility with Nav V

Martyn B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 2nd hand Garmin VRIB Ultra 30. The seller tells me that he can control it through his Nav 6 - but I have a Nav 5. Does anyone know if I can use the Nav 5 in the same way?

Thanks in advance.

The nav 6 defo does it, pretty sure the nav doesn’t have the software in it. That was one of the upgrades from 5 to 6 among a few other items too .

The nav 6 defo does it, pretty sure the nav doesn’t have the software in it. That was one of the upgrades from 5 to 6 among a few other items too .

Thanks DC.

I guess it's a difficult question. If you're right then peeps with a Nav V wouldn't be aware of the functionality and those with a Nav 6 wouldn't know if a 5 could do it unless they'd upgraded whilst they'd had the VRIB! :blast

Nav 6 yes, It controls start & stop. Dont expect any image on the screen though. Nav V , no.

I have the Virb Elite, The funny thing is, that when I had the Nav 5 I was gutted it wasn't compatible. I've now got the Nav 6 and havnt bothered pairing it. Mainly as the switch is so big and easy to use.

Well, I've bought the Virb anyway and I'll see how I get on. The GPS functionality sounds like it's a "nice to have"...

Back
Top Bottom