Front engine protector

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys/Gals, since the advent of the latest model sadly my front engine protectors have not fitted due to lower engine furniture.

Very recently a rider (yeah, Stephen, you :)) was quite disappointed that he had to return the product we made to NN.

I’ve come up with a solution that still protects the front of the engine against blast from the front wheel yet allows the lower furniture to be retained.

It’s still at the prototype stage (but I’ve already sold one) and any helpful positive suggestions from you RT guys (sorry I don’t have one myself but yeah nice bikes) would be appreciated and respected.

Bike in the photo is a 2020 RT (I nicked it :))
7739fb9849f153f73adcc2762a215c63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe bear in mind that potential buyers might already have or plan to fit a fender extender. It'd be a shame if your engine protector was incompatible with fitting the fender extender.

Maybe bear in mind that potential buyers might already have or plan to fit a fender extender. It'd be a shame if your engine protector was incompatible with fitting the fender extender.

Very good point but it seems that it doesn’t :) thanks

Hi Mark. I was looking to buy one of your protectors for my 1250RT last year, but realised it wouldn't fit. I bought the Evotech one which looks a fair bit more protective unless I'm missing something. Good luck with the project.
7ecb434b6d689751b25455b652f6d751.jpg

Hi Mark. I was looking to buy one of your protectors for my 1250RT last year, but realised it wouldn't fit. I bought the Evotech one which looks a fair bit more protective unless I'm missing something. Good luck with the project.
7ecb434b6d689751b25455b652f6d751.jpg

Pleased you got sorted. As it ‘appens I’ve redesigned it to fit inside the two lower engine fairings still allowing it to protect the lower part of the engine case, especially that ‘leading edge’ that tends to fall foul to the constant blasting.
cb42a32b758c0e6a483adc87b458efc8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom