French motorway tolls motorcycles - auto payment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just logged onto UKGSer. Amazing wealth of information shared by all. Thank you. This has proved very useful. Looking for a auto pay system not too expensive as need 7 of my mates to buy into this. For example note the Emovis system has an initial outlay of €41.

People have recommended the fast track tag and suggested various alternative sources of getting one; that is the information and positive endorsement you sought.

Buy one for yourself and let your seven mates faff about or don’t and faff about with them. It’s that simple.

Now, any response to the thread you started on the Black Forest, where somewhat similarly you sought help but then did nothing by way of any kind of response?

The beauty of the tags is that you can play the game of how fast dare I drive towards the barrier without bottling it...
Passes the hours on the A26 ..

I like to carry coins in my gloves, pick the wrong booth take my helm it off to read the sign, talk to the operator loudly in English “moto” “moto” get reclassified, pay put my gear back on and toddle off....

Passes the time.

I thought the coins in your gloves were so that you could punch att ...

I like to carry coins in my gloves, pick the wrong booth take my helm it off to read the sign, talk to the operator loudly in English “moto” “moto” get reclassified, pay put my gear back on and toddle off....

Passes the time.

You’ll fit right in with the OP’s gaggle.... ;)

:beerjug:

Dear Mr Wapping. Please accept my sincere apologies if I appeared to be disingenuous regarding to help and advice given. Clearly I need to better understand how to pay my respects re the time given by those who took the trouble to provide advice.

As already pointed out - use EuroTunnel site and miss out on the €10.00 joining fee - the €20.00 Deposit for Tag is refunded if and when you return it. So your only costs are €5.00 a month for each month you use it up to a max of 2 months (so max €10,00 but in your case more likely €5.00) and a €6.00 per year service charge for the admin part of the transactions.

In real terms this is only €11.00 plus any tolls (which you sound like you are going to use anyway).

Surly the question is are you going to use the toll routes more than 4 or 5 times during your trip if you are then it would probably be worth it. if you are going to use Calais to Reims on route to Germany and then N roads all rest of way and the same return Section of toll then its not going to be worth it.

Whatever way you look at it - its a personal choice but as plenty have said the tags can be obtained cheaply / easily and without huge cost so the only question you should ask yourself is "frequency"

Rik

Just got from France last week,
we used the motorcycle toll free lanes on them...far right,looks just like a pavement...next to the truck lane though.....

Just got from France last week,
we used the motorcycle toll free lanes on them...far right,looks just like a pavement...next to the truck lane though.....

Are there now toll free lanes on all the French motorways? If so, this is excellent news. We do not charge them to ride on ours, so it is only fair that they reciprocate. A welcome fig leaf from their side as our government enters into tricky negotiations vis-a-vis the UK’s ongoing relationship with the EU.

Aha, the old “Let’s ride down the workers’ access pavement and skip the toll booths. That’ll remind them who won the war” trick.

I think that is in fact a pavement

As far as I know there are no motorcycle toll free lanes ???

I'll be happy if I'm wrong :nenau

I've used the bicycle lanes on the bridges over the Seine to avoid tolls - Ponts de Normandie and Tancarville - https://goo.gl/maps/CbJGdSRk1C7gLjYB6 right of the green posts

That was when I did not have a TAG. Would be interesting to know if that cycle lane is out of range of the scanner now I have the TAG...

On some bridges motorbikes are directed to a side lane, at no cost to the rider. A motorway with a ‘free’ pavement for motorbikes (if one exists) is quite another thing.

Yes get one they’re brilliant for bikes, just leave it in your jacket pocket and it will be detected by the toll booth

There are various threads on here but basically just avoid the lanes with “Reserved” above them and you’ll pay the bike charge

Go through the “30kmh” lanes and you don’t even need to stop

They also do Europe tags now for multiple countries, mine does France, Italy, Spain and Portugal

I've used one for years too and they're a "piece of piss" but I thought you had to have an Italian address for their tolls!

p.s. Mine is a Sanef one.

I use an APRR unit. Costs €1.70 per month if not used.
Prices went up on 01.02.20, generally by 1-1.5%

You can work out your costs here

I've used one for years too and they're a "piece of piss" but I thought you had to have an Italian address for their tolls!

p.s. Mine is a Sanef one.

They have now integrated the different countries’ systems into a single tag, they have a partnership set up between the different toll operators

My address is in France but the tag works in Italy Spain & Portugal too

For Spain and Portugal you associate a number plate with the tag, you can change this in real time on the web site if you change vehicles

This looks like the best bet if you live in the UK:
https://www.bipandgo.com/en/

Mine’s APRR which Wessie has confirmed is also available in the UK

The badges look physicaly identical

They have now integrated the different countries’ systems into a single tag, they have a partnership set up between the different toll operators

My address is in France but the tag works in Italy Spain & Portugal too

For Spain and Portugal you associate a number plate with the tag, you can change this in real time on the web site if you change vehicles

This looks like the best bet if you live in the UK:
https://www.bipandgo.com/en/

Mine’s APRR which Wessie has confirmed is also available in the UK

The badges look physicaly identical

Excellent! I'll be in three of these countries this summer (two by bike and one by campervan). With my current Sanef tag I didn't have to change from car to bike as the system did it automatically but one tag that also does Italy is definitely a bonus!
Many thanks for your help.

Excellent! I'll be in three of these countries this summer (two by bike and one by campervan). With my current Sanef tag I didn't have to change from car to bike as the system did it automatically but one tag that also does Italy is definitely a bonus!
Many thanks for your help.

It’s still automatic for France as your reg is not read but one of the other countries needs a reg plate, I think it’s Spain and maybe Portugal too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom