• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptninja

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been riding my aircooled GS 2004 for quite a while now and i'm looking at upgrading. I've been looking at 2015 - 2016 GSA LC models, but i also have the opportunity to stretch to a 2018 GSA with the TFT screen.

The question is would there be much difference from a 2015 model to a 2016 model or should i just make a bigger jump to the 2018 TFT model? :nenau

I appreciate your input/opinions.

:beerjug:

Go for the 18 GSA with the TFT . It’s a great bike , all sorted and a joy . Love my 1250 GSA but think the last of the. 1200’s were fantastic if slightly down on power but you will not miss it . Everything works feels bulletproof

And fit AF-XiED to complete the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for advice, as I thought would be the case the 18 plate GSA would be the best option as it seems that it is a very solid bike and the TFT is soo much better than the 14onwards dials as they are hard to read, as I found this morning viewing the 2016 model.

Great forum :okay

Thanks for advice, as I thought would be the case the 18 plate GSA would be the best option as it seems that it is a very solid bike and the TFT is soo much better than the 14onwards dials as they are hard to read, as I found this morning viewing the 2016 model.

Great forum :okay

I’ve been all around the houses with different versions of the GS, tried KTM’s offerings, and even had a dalliance with the Trumpets. I’m back with the 2018 GSA as the best compromise for me (yours may be different). Getting back on it felt like coming home.

The one mod I would very strongly suggest you consider is fitting the AF-XiED units that are proven to run a slightly richer mixture (other options are available, I’ve not seen any proof - in terms of measured values - that they do the same).

This makes three big differences in my experience (others may of course differ): - I can pull away with fewer revs; the GSAP is smoother; the slight dead spot mid rev-range is barely noticeable.

If you’re not going to ride off road, then a set of PR5 or Roadtech 1 tyres finishes the package off nicely. Oh and dip it regularly in a bath of ACF50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TFT is fantastic, on my third LC, not sure I could go back to the dials now. I’ve recently discovered Bluetooth headsets and it’s great being able to view phone book, music art etc on the dash. Also love the diagnostics from it, and digital speedo and rev counter.

TFT is fantastic, on my third LC, not sure I could go back to the dials now. I’ve recently discovered Bluetooth headsets and it’s great being able to view phone book, music art etc on the dash. Also love the diagnostics from it, and digital speedo and rev counter.

Don't complain about car/van/lorry drivers on the phone behind the wheel, will you. I think all these gadgets are distracting - you cannot possibly be fiddling with all this brain crap and be concentrating on the road. I am surprised it is legal. Now it will be: sorry I didn't see you, I was playing with my electronic widgets.

Don't complain about car/van/lorry drivers on the phone behind the wheel, will you. I think all these gadgets are distracting - you cannot possibly be fiddling with all this brain crap and be concentrating on the road. I am surprised it is legal. Now it will be: sorry I didn't see you, I was playing with my electronic widgets.

Spoken like a true old fart :p

It’s a nice big screen and I wouldn’t make a habit of it but sometimes comes in handy when you are out and about, squinting at those tiny dials or a nav unit is as distracting if you let it be.

The 2018 also has the later gearbox, plus GSAP and Hillhold are fitted as standard assuming it's a TE? As you've said the TFT is night and day better than the old clocks

I’ve got a 15 and I’d much much prefer a tft.

If you can go 18 I certainly would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom