Selling my GS for an XR

CNC-REPAIRS.Co.UK

Reaction score
I’m going to put my 2012 GS adventure on eBay in the next few day’s. Really fancy an XR. Full luggage(not shown)ESA 39k
ae010d5c083f1cb9af6ebdd18d62e8c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an XR and a 2012 GSA. Look similar, very different bikes!

One thing you'll notice with the XR is how cold you're feet and legs get in comparison to hiding behind the big fuel tank of the GSA and the toe-warming effect of the boxer cylinders.

Don't let that put you off though, cos the XR is a bloody hooligan!!

I cannot imagine a bike to beat a nice twin-cam 1200, but that's just my opinion!

Do a poll on how many have bought an XR and gone back to a GS next time?

I cannot imagine a bike to beat a nice twin-cam 1200, but that's just my opinion!

Do a poll on how many have bought an XR and gone back to a GS next time?
My XR was everything it was supposed to be but I found that unless I was riding it hard it was no fun. Riding hard was likey to see me sent to prison.

One thing you'll notice with the XR is how cold you're feet and legs get in comparison to hiding behind the big fuel tank of the GSA and the toe-warming effect of the boxer cylinders.
/QUOTE]

I got round that problem by regularly pissing my pants when it hit 10K revs

My XR was everything it was supposed to be but I found that unless I was riding it hard it was no fun. Riding hard was likey to see me sent to prison.

It was the downside for me in that it was only ever really working well when it was at go to jail speed but I still say its the best bike BMW ever and do make

As I love my GS. Yes I’m now thinking of buying an XR to have along side it. Just can’t seem to part with the mighty GS.

was that the one for sale in the car garage in Peterborough? I sold my GS for an XR. The XR is now gone as i have given up riding but it was a thing of beauty for sure! Awesome bike!

f9ef5f2217422dfd06454c5989e94357.jpg

Well the XR is home. What a machine! The engine is just superb. The electronics are so good! Up and down quick shifter perfect cruise control fabulous feature. Handling is going to take a bit of getting used to after the GS this thing turns so fast!!! Seat is so much more comfortable than the GS even though it’s really hard!! Love it. But it’s not perfect. Vibration through bars at motorway speeds didn’t really noticed until I stopped and had pins and needles!cold legs and feet after being used to an adventure. Did about 170miles on it 90% motorway so can’t really do a full review.

Enjoy! Loved my XR and found it more comfortable than the GS

Vibes yes, when held at legal speeds on the motorway but i had overall less numb hands with the XR than the GS

If i had time and money I would have another in a heartbeat

Very nice, mine is the black version.
Is the top box the normal size? looks huge!

Very nice. Apart from the top box. :D

I loved mine, and after looking at the 900 the other day, am looking forward to having a play on the new XR when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom