Romantic road route

If you can get to Rothenburg On The Tauber for the first weekend in September there’s a medieval gathering of all the locals. Beer , sausages sauerkraut in a stunning town. Book early....

I did the Romantike Strasse a few years ago starting from Warzburg, I still have the routes I took if you want them. Rotherburg is a must see, when we arrived there was a number of USA college or school orchestra/bands playing in the main square which was great.

As others have said, the Romantic Strasse is a collection of "romantic":rolleyes: destinations - old walled towns etc.
We have stayed in Rothenburg a few times and last year we had a stop-over in Dinkelsbuehl, lovely small town - we stayed here:-

https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/gasthaus-zur-sonne-dinkelsbuehl.en-gb.html

The hotel is superb, right in the centre of town - and the in-house restaurant is also superb - and busy, so book a table on arrival:thumb.

Cheers..................Grizzly:beerjug:

And if you get to Fussen and decide to visit Mad King Ludwig's castles then pre-book your tickets online otherwise you will queue for 90 minutes at the ticket office. DAMHIK!

Back
Top Bottom