INNOVV K2 GPS Location

geezer2005

Reaction score
Got one fitted today at the dealers.

They've put the GPS module under the rear seat. Ive read it should best be placed on the outside of the bike.

Would it work ok under the seat? Where have you fitted yours?

I stuck mine to the inside of the black plastic cover on the nearside, the one under the tank and seat, works a treat.
Just make sure you get it in the right place and then the cover goes back on correctly.

I stuck mine to the inside of the black plastic cover on the nearside, the one under the tank and seat, works a treat.
Just make sure you get it in the right place and then the cover goes back on correctly.
Isn't the module supposed to be horizontal?
Im going to see how good the signal is on mine, if not good i'll try it.
Thanks.

I've just fitted mine and i put it under the centre plastic cover of the fuel tank in front of the fuel filler cap. Its supposed to be flat and not up on its edge according to Innovv. But i cant comment on it because i dont know if it works on its side.:nenau :D

GPS needs at least a partial line of sight so I don’t think it’s going to work that well under a seat. I mounted mine on the pannier rail mounting bracket…

Attachments

• EC3CFF64-A22F-4F24-A4AF-82535DDABBE4.jpeg
    EC3CFF64-A22F-4F24-A4AF-82535DDABBE4.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 295
Just been for a ride and moved it to under the topbox. Works great.

One thing strange though, rode out to a cafe, recorded the ride, rode back it didn't! Went back out to the bike, turned ignition on, and cameras were working. Probably me playing around with settings or something.

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 283
I've just fitted mine and i put it under the centre plastic cover of the fuel tank in front of the fuel filler cap. Its supposed to be flat and not up on its edge according to Innovv. But i cant comment on it because i dont know if it works on its side.:nenau :D

+1. It works fine in that position on my bike. It is flat.

+1. It works fine in that position on my bike. It is flat.

Ok thats good to hear. Ive not had the bike out since it was fitted so cant confirm what you say, however im sure your correct. And the local scroat/s dont know its there. Although i've a BMW small tankbag fitted so im not sure if that will effect it or not. :thumb

I have mine on the plastic shield just below the windscreen. Although I have replaced it with a metal version. Gps is at a 45 degree slope but works fine

Back
Top Bottom