F800gsa Self Cancelling Indicators

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have ridden my new to me f800gsa two or three times and the bloody self cancelling indicators are bugging the proverbial out of me . I dislike the fact that when indicating to turn off a fast A class road onto a b or c class one the bloody things cancel after 300 metres (ie far too early) ,similarly on approaching roundabouts they do the same thing.

I know that a main dealer can switch the function off as I believe it was disabled from new on my last two r1200gsa lc's and possibly my new 2011 r1200gsa tc.

Question is can the function be disabled on the f800 series using GS911 as the hexcode website says very little only confirming it can be done on the S1000 range .

Bike is in for a service in April so I could get the main dealer to sort it but would rather have a go myself .

Brother in law is having the same issue on his 2019 f850gs

you could try putting them on later.

That's one way.
However, there is a design flaw in BMW indicators. If you tap the chosen direction again, it should refresh the reset distance, and it does not. you have to wait till it cancels or cancel and start again to reset the distance to reset counter.

Thing is I don't want the time/distance reset just want the self cancelling turned off altogether

I love them!

I've never had to indicate 300m from the exit point, last sign (100) is just right for me & then they cancel just after you've come off.

That's the only time I really use them though, I manually cancel most of the time....

D

Back
Top Bottom