Carole Nash

Trojan8244

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just set up my insurance with Carole Nash for £220 which I thought was a tad high but reading all these has made me pretty happy lol. One thing I did notice is that all the main comparison sites seem to use the same search engine and have the same results so I wasted ages putting my details in to every one.

£220 is not a bad premium for a GS when you factor in that CN includes European breakdown cover that will cost £60 elsewhere

£220 is not a bad premium for a GS when you factor in that CN includes European breakdown cover that will cost £60 elsewhere

Hi Wessie, Yeah I thought so, I have also gone with 5k miles and SDP and commute so quite happy with that until I build my NCD back up after I let my last lot lapse

I have been with CN for years, this years quote was £499 multibike, r9t and scooter, £100 up on last year 7 yr no claims,
Went on compare the market, same cover half price, and less than £300 from CN on new quote
They have been good, but creeping up like some apparently do, so stepping away for a year at £242 , will try them again next time,
It seems to be an industry trend so no hard feelings,

Just got my renewal in from Bennets, £488.27 :eek: Told them to stick it as ive been quoted £156 with a £350 excess, elsewhere, with £20 of that being an enhanced personnal protection insurance. Not too shabby, for a less than year old 1250 Exclusive.

My CN renewal for 2Pans and myGS was going to be £434. I called them about 10 days before to stop the autorenewal, but two days later they’d taken the money from my account. So another call to get it back, and being busy I told them I’d call back nearer the time to talk about it. Anyway, things got in the way, and in the end it lapsed on the Sunday night. So Monday morning I tried to call. Ended up in the que, so while waiting I went online and before I got to speak to anyone I’d got an online quote from CN for 1 Pan, the GS and a bandit 1200 for £243. So it looks like the latest trick is let your policy expire and go back as a new customer.

They all try it on, i ended up paying £144 fully comp with protected NCB on my GS. It was express insurance which is a subsidiary of CN !! I took none of the add on's because they weren't worth the paper they were written on TBH. Oh and Bennets reduced the price from £488 to £214 but i told them what to do with it.

I cancelled my insurance with CN last year as I had "retired" from riding
I got my cancellation of policy, and proof of 20yrs plus NCB
Today I had an email reminder that my policy was ready to renew
You couldn't make it up! :blast

CN includes European breakdown cover that will cost £60 elsewhere

I would be careful with thinking that you have Eurocover from them! I also had a policy, TPFT but it included UK/Euro breakdown/ACCIDENT cover - in April 19 had a head-on with a french driver. I called them from the roadside and tried to arrange recovery, they said 'Your not covered!' and put the phone down on me! So, had to pay myself for the recovery to a local garage, get the train back with my bike gear from the South of France, arrange the repair and got the parts from the US which cost me over a grand and then another lovely train ride back to get the bike.

Needless to say, I put in a complaint with the insurance ombudsman and with CN (be wary they have 2 companies) I was told by CN direct 'Your level of cover doesn't come with Accident recovery' Yet ALL of their documents stated that it did! or I would have taken out separate cover as I always have. During the many emails, I was told that NONE of their policies offer that, yet I went online and got an instant quote with the cover with third party only! LIERS! they gave all the excuses, wrong documents, but I had an email from them just after I took out the policy.

To cut a long story short, they had no choice but to pay up 1.8k it had cost me to repatriate myself and the bike or it would have cost them more, I could have been very unreasonable about the matter and taken them to court for a lot more than the mere cost to me. Never going near that outfit ever again!

I would be careful with thinking that you have Eurocover from them! I also had a policy, TPFT but it included UK/Euro breakdown/ACCIDENT cover - in April 19 had a head-on with a french driver. I called them from the roadside and tried to arrange recovery, they said 'Your not covered!' and put the phone down on me! So, had to pay myself for the recovery to a local garage, get the train back with my bike gear from the South of France, arrange the repair and got the parts from the US which cost me over a grand and then another lovely train ride back to get the bike.

Needless to say, I put in a complaint with the insurance ombudsman and with CN (be wary they have 2 companies) I was told by CN direct 'Your level of cover doesn't come with Accident recovery' Yet ALL of their documents stated that it did! or I would have taken out separate cover as I always have. During the many emails, I was told that NONE of their policies offer that, yet I went online and got an instant quote with the cover with third party only! LIERS! they gave all the excuses, wrong documents, but I had an email from them just after I took out the policy.

To cut a long story short, they had no choice but to pay up 1.8k it had cost me to repatriate myself and the bike or it would have cost them more, I could have been very unreasonable about the matter and taken them to court for a lot more than the mere cost to me. Never going near that outfit ever again!

Thats very interesting - thank you - I shall be calling them before my next trip offshore :thumby::thumby:

Breakdown recovery is that, for a breakdown. Many such policies will not provide a response after an accident.

You also chose TPF&T which most people would not expect to cover you after an accident.

Perhaps the policy booklet & supporting documents were not written correctly but most are generic and you have to read the policy schedule to see which sections are applicable to your own contract of insurance. The schedule will also list any endorsements that apply from the long list at the back of the booklet.

I think you were actually treated quite well. The call handler you initially contacted was probably correct in that the policy that you paid for should not have covered you after an accident but it seems, assuming you are giving us all of the information that you were issued with incorrect documentation that made you think you had accident cover. It seems that CN responded to the complaint and you received recompense.

If they had sent you the correct documentation in the first place, then you would still be £1800 out of pocket as I do not believe you actually had any accident cover in the first place as you had a TPF&T policy with breakdown cover as already explained.

Not sure why you are pissed off with CN as it seems you dodged a bullet after choosing not to buy a comprehensive policy.

Breakdown recovery is that, for a breakdown. Many such policies will not provide a response after an accident.

You also chose TPF&T which most people would not expect to cover you after an accident.

Perhaps the policy booklet & supporting documents were not written correctly but most are generic and you have to read the policy schedule to see which sections are applicable to your own contract of insurance. The schedule will also list any endorsements that apply from the long list at the back of the booklet.

I think you were actually treated quite well. The call handler you initially contacted was probably correct in that the policy that you paid for should not have covered you after an accident but it seems, assuming you are giving us all of the information that you were issued with incorrect documentation that made you think you had accident cover. It seems that CN responded to the complaint and you received recompense.

If they had sent you the correct documentation in the first place, then you would still be £1800 out of pocket as I do not believe you actually had any accident cover in the first place as you had a TPF&T policy with breakdown cover as already explained.

Not sure why you are pissed off with CN as it seems you dodged a bullet after choosing not to buy a comprehensive policy.

No, all insurance companies are rip off merchants in the pay of the man, i read it here, on UKGSer*.

(phrasing courtesy of Mr Wapping)

twenty five f@cking minutes on hold so far with the tw@ts trying to make sense out of the doubling of my premium this year which they intend to autorenew if I do not contact them, third time today I have tried

Eventually got through and got a more sensible quote and enquired about how much alterations cost as I intend selling two bikes very soon , £45 per alteration ie £90 to remove the bikes once sold.

Got a requote for policy minus the two bikes I am getting rid of and it dropped a further £50.

twenty five f@cking minutes on hold so far with the tw@ts trying to make sense out of the doubling of my premium this year which they intend to autorenew if I do not contact them, third time today I have tried

Tell them to cancel auto renew, and then tell them to stick it up thier arse and go with another broker. If they cant sort a simple thing like that imagine what it would be like with a claim ? Incidentally, i noticed a mistake on my needs and wants thingy on the insurance ive just taken out on my bike. So i phoned them and told them they had made a mistake listing my bike as BMW R1250 Adventure Exclusive TE. No such thing i said. So she looked it up and agreed with me. Result......i got a £5.91 refund. :nenau:augie:D

Back
Top Bottom