Sold my HP2 Sport 9yrs ago. Finally bought another one.

RSiconic

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In Feb 2011 I had a wonderful low mileage ABS HP2 Sport. Loved it immensely. However 2 months later I got made redundant and at 53 this could have been serious so I panicked and sold it again. [silly boy] I got work within 3 months and in hindsight didn't need to sell as my severance was good.

It is the only bike that I wistfully look at in showrooms and truly missed having in my garage. Fast forward to Friday morning spent wasting time at Wollaston and I did a deal on a May 2009 bike with 15,000 miles on. New tyres, big service, fresh mot and 13 months of BMW Approved Used Warranty still on it from the previous owner who had bought it, parked it in his garage/lounge/conservatory and not used it ! 10yrs is the cut off for Approved Used Warranty so beware if you are looking at these. It is now no real benefit to buy from Motorad so haggle hard.

I am happier to have one that has miles on it so that means that I can just use it and not worry about value, moreso that I got it for what I felt was a good price point. Bearing in mind that at 1.19:1 we can now shop abroad using www.mobile.de and get these in EU for £12k

Anyway cue gratuitous photo of grizzly old bloke smiling just before being put in the dog box for the weekend after telling her indoors that I had bought it.

Attachments

• Me on HP2 Sport 1st Feb 2020.jpg
    Me on HP2 Sport 1st Feb 2020.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 563
Congratulations RSiconic.

Ditto,.....what a nice story. Apparently we only live once, so imo you’ve made a cracking decision and bought a useable machine that is very special indeed. I’m very envious.

Have fun.

Bearing in mind that at 1.19:1 we can now shop abroad using www.mobile.de and get these in EU for £12k

For a few extra months :D

I got mine from abroad too. Paid it about 12k at the time with a decent exchange rate.
Enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom