Relays

Davey Bee

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can you tell if all the relays on the XC are the same. If there is a difference, what is it. The reason why I ask is that my relays are inconveniently placed under the TT tank. Which means when I have an electrical issue I have to remove the tank. I'm thinking of making a new relay and fuse board and siting it somewhere more accessible. The bike is a little way from me at the moment but I want to make the board over the next couple of weeks and take it to the bike. I would also like to get rid of the birds nest that is a poor excuse for wiring. I hope my rambling makes sense.

No help, I'd hope that this would be the font of knowledge

Dave - I believe there are four different relays :

Starter Relay : 61 31 2 346 566
Fuel Injection Relay : 61 13 7 707 941
Diode Relay : 61 13 7 696 769 (or 61 13 7 696 769)
ECU Relay : 61 13 7 707 940

If I was looking to relocate the relays , I would be buying a secondhand wiring harness and using that to make up an auxiliary loom which I could graft onto the existing harness

There is one on eBay which looks like all of the relays are still attached to it :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-650-X-WIRING-LOOM/264614593505?hash=item3d9c4243e1:g:ZBMAAOSw~XpZVO2g

Anyone know of a good patern starter motor relay. The outside of mine is covered in rust and I was contemplating replacing it as a precaution. The price of OEM relays is way above what I was expecting. Thanks.

Good thread, interested in this.Cheers Steve

Back
Top Bottom