17 tooth front sprocket

Slightly stunts the acceleration but also lowers the revs when at cruising speeds so if anything even more economical , the larger front sprocket should also give the chain an easier time with regards to wear rate

Agreed, 17 tooth does stunt the acceleration but it gives it a nice long legged feel.

I've put a 15 tooth on mine for offroading -- really nippy now but the revs are slightly higher. Indicated 75 mph (70mph on the GPS) is at 5000rpm.
Speedo doesn't seem to be affected...i assume it gets its info from the rear wheel sensor.

Just tried to order the JTF704RB from wemoto and they said they don't stock it, just the plain 704
Seems worth getting the RB from comments above

Just tried to order the JTF704RB from wemoto and they said they don't stock it, just the plain 704
Seems worth getting the RB from comments above

Might be worth cross referencing against other bikes/ other suppliers -- the packaging on the one I bought was labelled for an aprilia.

I want to order the very same for my 59 plate 800 but there are two versions for my bike - 8.5mm and 10.5 mm bolt. Looks as if I'll have to investigate before ordering

The rear hub on my 13 plate F800GS has the 10mm studs. I believe the stud size changed with the 2012 model.

I’ve just fitted the JT704RB.17 to my 2016 800GSA and just thought I’d confirm the other comments in this thread. I’m surprised how much more relaxed and smooth the bike feels to ride Best £15 I’ve spent!

Back
Top Bottom