Average speed cameras Killin to Tyndrum

Toddy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know if they're live yet?
Didn't twig what they were till I'd passed a couple.
Doooohhhhh!

I witnessed someone die on that road last summer but speed had nothing to do with it but no doubt that stat added to the reason they are there.

I am up on that road, in 2 weeks - cheers for the heads up and I will set the cruise control at Lix Toll Garage

They were still putting in cables at those located at Tyndrum and Crianlarich the other week.

Sadly I’m not surprised they put cameras on this section. I’ve been on this section 100’s times. Last year while out on my bike with wife on the back, we saw ( just!!!) a bullet pass us at well over 100mph. Ducati I think????

Ducati I think????

Funnily enough a number of years back I met up with a guy in Braemar who rode a Ducati. I lead all the way to Killin with some enthusiastic riding. After Killin I said, you take a shot at the front, he got pulled in at Crainlarich for doing 106 and banned for 6 months, oh how I laughed :p

More and more cameras, sadly that’s what’s going to happen, there making huge amounts of money off the A9 etc.
Riding your bike in Scotland will be very, very different in the coming years.
The crazy few have spoiled it for soooooo many!!!!

More and more cameras, sadly that’s what’s going to happen, there making huge amounts of money off the A9 etc.
Riding your bike in Scotland will be very, very different in the coming years.
The crazy few have spoiled it for soooooo many!!!!

Yebbut why would you want to race through such beautiful scenery? :nenau

Yebbut why would you want to race through such beautiful scenery? :nenau
This is true ,, and is the reason that I mostly , for one up riding go out on my Yamaha xt660 z Tenere , keep the GSA12 for 2 up or long haul riding . I find I enjoy it just as much / more , maybe it's also an age thing :D

This is true ,, and is the reason that I mostly , for one up riding go out on my Yamaha xt660 z Tenere , keep the GSA12 for 2 up or long haul riding . I find I enjoy it just as much / more , maybe it's also an age thing :D

When I had my z tenere I did probably 3 times the mileage I did with my GS sitting in the shed :cool:

Didn't get a NIP.
If they are going live then I hope there are big warning signs up.

Back
Top Bottom