Recommended suppliers for parts

mikeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbra
Hi all,
Looks like my cafe racer build is back on,:cool:
Any recommendations for parts suppliers?
Having had a quick look at gutzibits they seem to actually stock next to nothing :confused:
Most parts I’ll be wanting having a 3week lead time!
that’s going to drive me up the wall
Waddaya recon:D

Attachments

• 58E50746-759C-4274-A5E0-F41F3263511C.jpg
    58E50746-759C-4274-A5E0-F41F3263511C.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 447
  • DC01768D-C5FE-4370-A7F3-5EE400F0EA27.jpg
    DC01768D-C5FE-4370-A7F3-5EE400F0EA27.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 451
Well,out of interest I called gutzibits(the UK’s no1 supplier for Guzzi parts)hmmmmmmmm
I wanted a full gasket set and seals plus cam followers for a square barrel 1000.
2 to 3 weeks came the reply.
Whilst I understand not wanting to carry huge amounts of stock I just think this is a bit Shiite,
Hey ho!
Their business model will prob fall apart with service like that as I’ll never bother with them.
Stein dinse in stock with immediate dispatch:thumb

I have bought stuff of gutzibits and to be fair to them the service has been brilliant - ok prices, parts as described, and very helpful over the phone, and very quick postage, ok they are in Yorkshire on the wrong side of the Pennines but at least if it was urgent you could go there and pick your bits up, ok if your parts are not in stock, then you can still buy of Johnny foreigner, but try gutzibits first, and let’s try to keep our lads and lasses in work. In regards of a business plan they may not be able to carry a lot of capital tied up in stock because it is still a relatively small business, and mainly a breakers, if you went to your local scrappy and asked for a gasket set for your cortina ( or any car) do you think they would have it in stock ?. Perhaps as his cash flows increases by people buying from him and not Europe his business plan can be changed, to include more capital tied up in new more traditional dealership stock, whilst still protecting the core business.... just sayin :rob ian

Youve had the bike stored for a year havent you so whats another three weeks? :D

Youve had the bike stored for a year havent you so whats another three weeks? :D

Not so much waiting for first batch of bits,it’s the waiting for further bits,
Just makes for a drawn out process,
It’s a personal bike so earn a bit,spend a bit,
Added to that,I have a partially built motor sat on the bench,in the way.
With a boxer motor I get parts next day from Moto-Bins or motorworks ex stock..
Just sayin like:D

Whenever I've rung Guzzibits, they've never had the bits I want in stock.

Great shame that my local supplier, Motomecca/corsa, have sold up all their old stock :(

Great shame that my local supplier, Motomecca/corsa, have sold up all their old stock :(

You ain't kidding..

Motomecca at 3X were fantastic back then...
Sadly missed.

...and when they were 15 minute up the road from home + they gave me trade at one time :)

Fuck! Bollox. :(
I've bought so few spares for mine that this rather major fact had gone unnoticed by me. :blast
So i did a quick search online and they're just not there.
Now .... when i have finally got the Bike off the road and hope to do the rebuild this year.
FUCK! :mad::rolleyes: :banghead:

this is going to be a problem. :(

Fuck! Bollox. :(
I've bought so few spares for mine that this rather major fact had gone unnoticed by me. :blast
So i did a quick search online and they're just not there.
Now .... when i have finally got the Bike off the road and hope to do the rebuild this year.
FUCK! :mad::rolleyes: :banghead:

this is going to be a problem. :(

Stien-Dinse is your friend Marc..

Easy to use website.

Great prices, in stock items, fast delivery..
+ free catalogue..

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...guage=en/RK=2/RS=lhJBGk1SRJNpBUOE_Bbgq0QaYwM-

Ash,

Thank You! I'll take a good look when my wallet is out of intensive care. :blast :D

:beerjug:

Mikeyboy ,
MG world is a bit different from BMW world . SD are a major player ,TLM are possibly the most expensive, GB are slowly getting there after Corsa and Moto-corsa stopped doing the older stuff. most people tend to stockpile stuff before a rebuild , cos they know stuff takes time to acquire.
i once waited 12 months, for something to arrive from Italy ( i was a dealer ) . it eventually arrived, after an email, sent to just the right person ( who didn't work for MG ) threatening to burn my bike outside the factory at the rally in Mandello. i had parts 3 weeks later, and a call from Zurich .

Back
Top Bottom