Cheap Solution For Pannier Inner Bags

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Great idea! And way cheaper than Touratech bags. If you put them in a thick bin liner first, I use Aldi/Lidl rubble sacks, they will slide in to the pannier easier, be waterproof and not get covered in black from the aluminum

Kriega is the solution.

Sadly they don't cost 23 quid.

Nice.

Not having 'motor cycle' written on it is a good thing re price

Particularly "BMW" or "Touratech" or "Kriega", etc...

Kriega is the solution.

Sadly they don't cost 23 quid.

Kriega is a solution, possibly even the best solution, but not the only solution...

I have a fair bit of TT stuff and I do appreciate its quality, but IMO the prices rarely seem to equate to what I imagine the cost of materials and manufacture might be...

I like finding good value solutions... :thumb2

Kriega is a solution, possibly even the best solution, but not the only solution...

I completely agree. Message was tongue in cheek, just forgot to add the smiley!
I have a pair of Kriega pannier bags and, despite the eye watering cost, they are pretty good value. And don't have "GS" or BMW plastered all over :D

Have to say, the laptop bag fits pretty snug in there!

For a super cheap solution Sainsbury’s cooler bags work a treat in GSA panniers too.

7 quid each and they’re splash proof, handles and shoulder strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using these for a while:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANNIER-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Don't know whether they're waterproof, but arguably id doesn't matter that much inside metal boxes. My old habit of packing clothes inside plastic bags has also stuck from when I used to use soft luggage in my pre-BMW Fireblade days, so even if they did leak a bit, everything should stay pretty dry.

For a super cheap solution Sainsbury’s cooler bags work a treat in GSA panniers too.

7 quid each and they’re splash proof, handles and shoulder strap.

The latest Waitrose bags are even cheaper and very strong . I’m using the £1 and £2 bags in different panniers :)

811183b92c8b7845e96d72a655a3606c.jpg
74bcf1320e787ae1815c2d8fa7f234ba.jpg
6c44035969aff9a5c253f1285f99c77d.jpg

Have you all gone mad!!!
Heaven forbid. Saving money on bike accessories. Whatever next? Shit or bust I say......

Attachments

• 91FAFA78-56F3-45CB-8CB3-CF443354314F.jpg
    91FAFA78-56F3-45CB-8CB3-CF443354314F.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 574
Good thread this....I have Enduristan soft panniers which strap onto the bike, so a faff to take on and off, especially when under time pressure like getting off a ferry :blast Yesterday I saw boot bags in Millets for £5 that I think will fit inside and do the trick. Not waterproof but I don’t need that :D

Yes yes - the shopping bags are fine, but when you want to be able to pack like it's a suitcase (flip-open lid), and have a decent shoulder strap, those Kriega/TT/etc bags are the biz. But this laptop bag is obviously cheaper and ain't far behind in terms of functionality...

Please let us know how it goes with them. I like the idea of compartmentalised stuff.

I have the GS bags and use bags within them but those look good.

Back
Top Bottom