Maiden Voyage Today!

Tricuspid

Reaction score
Recently I traded my 2017 TE Exclusive for a low chassis version. Hadn’t owned it long, but being a shortarse (29” leg) I was struggling to keep it upright at times, and nearly lost it at a junction when my foot slipped on some gravel.

So a couple of weeks ago a very nice man from Wollaston Motorrad trekked up to the middle of Scotland to deliver a rather lovely 2019 TE Exclusive. Picked the wrong day for it as I had to shovel the snow from my driveway to get it into the garage, and between work and weather there it has stayed ever since - today’s the day!

First a small amount of farkles to fit then I’m off to the Green Welly for lunch.

Winter gloves and heated grips time!

4552eaba0188b9d3348819dc9d77473c.jpg

Yesterday’s farkling was brought to an abrupt halt due to inability to find a T50 bit, so a trip to Halfords was required.

You can’t just buy one though (well, you can - but I didn’t). £100 later ...

86ca3b9002ef3ec15df38a109df0f2d7.jpg

Right - farkle time. Engine bars, hugger, gopro Mount - go!

If you'd had a Halfords trade card you could have bought them for £36 each rather than £48. There's a list of "professions" that qualify on their website and it's not difficult to get one though I got mine when renewing my subscribion to the Triumph forum which cost £15 for both the card and the 1 years subscription. The card doesn't have an expiry date and isn't then reliant on you keeping your membership of the forum going after the 1st year.

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/pages/Subscriber/

First farkle done - Puig Hugger. I’ve never known a bike get as dirty so easily as a GS, and I hate cleaning so hopefully this will help

78e3f6364fe3de32eff09f7c3582b77f.jpg

dont forget pictures of the meal aswell as the bike happy 1st ride.:thumby:

You're welcome. The discount available on each item varies and is only available on things like tools, parts and accessories inc cleaning stuff. I usually log into my account on their website to see what discount I'll get before going in to the store.

I've found that as a rule even when their advanced tools are on offer you get a further reduction with the card. I've also found that if they've got a 3 for 2 offer on stuff like Autoglym for the general public it's usually cheaper not to use the card as the 3 for 2 doesn't apply to trade purchases.

Farkle no. 2 done - Touratech crash bars. Because I’m a bit clumsy.

60de2064a1251601e56a0f294599732d.jpg

Nicely made and easy to fit. Might get away by 11 at this rate ...

Farkle no. 3 - GoPro Mount. Because who doesn’t love watching three hours of wobbly film of a mediocre rider, all set to cheesy generic Muzak? Not me!

c47f837b815034f2e73790a06bae87bd.jpg

Bonus Farkle - dual USB in place of the odd Euro BMW thing. (Actually I cheated and did this one yesterday). USB cable cunningly ordered to match the braiding on the brake lines. It’s all about the details, innit.

8e7a6492d91d0833b555cb92fcfc43f6.jpg

Right - farkling done, it’s almost sunny - let’s ride!!

4552eaba0188b9d3348819dc9d77473c.jpg

When you've finished your ride you might take a minute to tidy up that light switch :D

So the plan was to take some phots and post them along the way. Why? Dunno, seemed like vicarious fun for those people who don’t have decent scenery on their doorsteps. And because I can.

Except I couldn’t - the lovely pointy mountains also block the phone signal, so no live-blogging for me.

Hey ho, better late than never!

St Fillans, at the east end of Loch Earn

31fadde3d2e277e3cc10e7e096dcdef1.jpg

c2c5925ae842a1b7dc9980ebeca6bbb5.jpg

So did you get a low version ? another low version or a high version?

couldnt quite work it out??

When you've finished your ride you might take a minute to tidy up that light switch :D

Fair point, we are about to get the room painted (I know my limitations, I’ll get a man in)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So did you get a low version ? another low version or a high version?

couldnt quite work it out??

Neither can my wife ... which was the point

Old bike was a 2017 normal sized 1200 TE Exclusive. New one is a 2019 lowered 1250 TE Exclusive. And it’s bloody lovely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom