Has Anyone Used - Westway Lubricants. 5w40 Fully Synthetic 4 Stroke JASO MA2

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there have used. R1200GS LC 2015
Westway Lubricants.
5w40 Motorcycle Oil Fully Synthetic 4 Stroke JASO MA2 5W-40 API SL 5L

I found this on ebay. It comes direct from the company.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122458571634

I would give it a miss & stick to either BMW or the originally specified Castrol oil? not worth putting a virtually unknown oil in your trusty steed

I would give it a miss & stick to either BMW or the originally specified Castrol oil? not worth putting a virtually unknown oil in your trusty steed

Disagree, if the oil meets the specification for the bike it will be fine
Do u honestly think the distributor, supplier or manufacturer will risk bad publicity or claims.
It could well be exactly the same stuff as Castrol but sold under a different name to protect the brand

Do u honestly think the distributor, supplier or manufacturer will risk bad publicity or claims.
It could well be exactly the same stuff as Castrol but sold under a different name to protect the brand

Westway Lubricants is hardly a high profile player in the world of automotive oils.

Whilst it could be rebranded Castrol, it could be absolutely anything.

Why risk an expensive motor to save a few pounds?

Their eBay feedback is over 55000 ( Fifty Five Thousand) in 6 years, that's almost 800 a month. Some of the so-called high profile sellers would be happy at that figure. Also, not one buyer has complained of poor quality or performance. If the full spec. is correct for your engine, gearbox etc, then what's the problem? Alan

You do realise that WBM, or any other motor manufacturer for that matter, only recommend a particular brand of oil due to financial/marketing partnerships?

The spec is the important part :thumb2

I am useing westway lubricants, 5w40 in a variety of bikes, had it in my lc,used it in tc and my yamaha's.

Another company similar to Westway that's worth checking out is smithandallan.com
I've bought various oils from them in bulk over the years and had no lubrication issues. they also have an ebay store.

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there have used. R1200GS LC 2015
Westway Lubricants.
5w40 Motorcycle Oil Fully Synthetic 4 Stroke JASO MA2 5W-40 API SL 5L

I found this on ebay. It comes direct from the company.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122458571634

I've used it several times without any problem. My thoughts are that so long as the grade/specification is correct for whatever you're using it in then it should be fine

I doubt it. They probably buy in the basic refined stuff and employ their own chemists who use their own additives. I believe this is what Rock Oil did/does.

Westways factory is very small, my guess is they are just re-sellers?????.

My guess too.

Westway Lubricants has just one director, Paul Tarnawskyj - no doubt the same Paul named on the eBay listings. It is reported that the company has just one employee, who is also a director.

In August 2017, Paul sought logo designs (striking and funky) for his company- budget £110

Slightly earlier, Paul sought 'sticker' designs for his classic engine oil line.

The products they sell may be perfectly fine, but what does anybody really know?

My guess too.

Westway Lubricants has just one director, Paul Tarnawskyj - no doubt the same Paul named on the eBay listings. It is reported that the company has just one employee, who is also a director.

In August 2017, Paul sought logo designs (striking and funky) for his company- budget £110

Slightly earlier, Paul sought 'sticker' designs for his classic engine oil line.

The products they sell may be perfectly fine, but what does anybody really know?

Balance of probability the oil is fine and to the quoted specification. If it was not, then there would be claims and small organisations could be bankrupt quite quickly. Then again allegedly go faster stickers on ecus seem to be immune:D

I think Mark Hooton of this parish uses Westway oils. Ask him if this is indeed the situation, but im sure he posted a pick of a 20 litre barrel of it on here somewhere. Apologies to him if i have this wrong. :bow:D

QC is unlikely to be as rigorous in smaller companies as is the blending technology / equipment. claims for damage would be very hard to substantiate & massive hassle. WHY risk it for a few ££?

Back
Top Bottom