Fuel Range 1150GS

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
I seem to have bought myself another GS :blast It's an 1150GS without a working fuel gauge.

I've currently no intention to fix it, I'll just use my trip, so intend doing that 'carry a jerry can and run dry' thing.......however, very roughly, what sort of range can I expect?

Andres

I’d be looking to gas up between 180 - 190 miles. Which was usually when the low fuel light would come on with moderate riding.

I’m sure running it dry, you’ll go a lot further. :D

Ian

I’d be looking to gas up between 180 - 190 miles. Which was usually when the low fuel light would come on with moderate riding.

Ian

Thanks Ian, that gives me something to aim for :) I'm hoping the fuel light works even if the gauge doesn't but we'll see........

Andres

If you're frugal and tippy-toe about like a nonce you can expect to see around 10 miles per litre; however, if you add another wheel, load it with beer and hoon around like a lune, you can expect roughly 10 miles per litre :rob

Ian

That's about what I get from mine :)

If you're frugal and tippy-toe about like a nonce you can expect to see around 10 miles per litre; however, if you add another wheel, load it with beer and hoon around like a lune, you can expect roughly 10 miles per litre :rob

So, if I attach a trailer and tow the QE2 I can STILL expect 10 mile per litre? :confused:

Andres

Pretty much, yes. I failed to get mine to vary much at all despite some sterling efforts in that regard.

I seem to have bought myself another GS :blast It's an 1150GS without a working fuel gauge.

I've currently no intention to fix it, I'll just use my trip, so intend doing that 'carry a jerry can and run dry' thing.......however, very roughly, what sort of range can I expect?

Andres
Love the seem to have bought bit, were not married to you, you don't have to justify.

Nice that you did though.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

10 miles/litre was always my rule of thumb too, although it always seems strange to mix imperial and metric measures like that.

There have been a couple of times I’ve seriously blown that away though, like killing off 32l of Shell’s best in 165 miles... That took some doing, but it was fun :green gri

what about gallons, garloons, gurlons....? (aargh whatever that other measurement is)

32 miles per garlones...?

There have been a couple of times I’ve seriously blown that away though, like killing off 32l of Shell’s best in 165 miles... That took some doing, but it was fun :green gri

Why does that not surprise me :D

Love the seem to have bought bit, were not married to you, you don't have to justify.

Nice that you did though.

I’m just surprised as I never really saw another Boxer in my life again.......

I have to say though, the 1150 engine is an absolute peach, I actually prefer it to my old ‘05 1200 :)

Have you forgotten how much difference the chair will make to the mpg :aidan

May I refer the honourable gentleman to the Sarg’s reply above........

Andres

Around 210-220 before you need to lay the bike onto its RH crashbar to spill the last litre or so into the tank lobe with the fuel pump in... :okay

... which could be taxing as its fitted with a 'chair'.

23 ltr or 32 ltr tank ?

While tootling through Morocco with the Honda C90's i did 360 miles and still had four bars showing on my 32 ltr tank.

I should've carried on just to see how far i could go, but filled up as i was getting fed up waiting at petrol stations while 8 Honda C90's all queued up for petrol. :D

23 ltr or 32 ltr tank ?

While tootling through Morocco with the Honda C90's i did 360 miles and still had four bars showing on my 32 ltr tank.

I should've carried on just to see how far i could go, but filled up as i was getting fed up waiting at petrol stations while 8 Honda C90's all queued up for petrol. :D
What's your bladder range though

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

My 1150 and 2 1100s didn't achieve the figures suggested so far - more like 140-150 miles to a (standard) tank. That's with the exception of the ex-Steptoe load bike 1100 which was really eager but drank like a navvy with a credit card.

I get over 200 miles before the fuel light comes on....then probably another 30 miles or so after.

Back
Top Bottom