Opinios please GS1200 2005 69000 miles

Badinis

Reaction score
lI want to buy a GS1200 but with my budget all i can get is 2005 with around 60000, I've seen a couple and they look good and very well taken care.
My question is how many miles can i expect from a GS1200 ?

Thanks in advance.

Bruno

I’d say at those legs it’s all about history.

If it has a good service history and that’s well documented then I wouldn’t worry too much.

I’d buy a leggy bike with history over a less miles one with no history every tome, no question.

I doubt you’d go wrong if it’s been looked after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your maximum budget ?

Oh and had an 04 GS and it ended up with about 85k on it.

I put about 60 of those on, when I got rid it was still running as sweet as the day I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new here myself having only bought my GS a few weeks ago.

One suggestion I would have is to bide your time.

I was searching for a good few weeks and not finding much (without 60-70k miles) in my budget. However, I have just bought my 2004 R1200GS complete with vario panniers, full BMW service history and 39000 miles for £3000.

Admittedly it had a few bits and pieces that needed doing and an ABS fault! But I have sorted it all for around £250 and that included new tyres!

So they do come up, but patience is a virtue.

Good luck

Luke

The 1150s are fine bikes; I've had 3 including the Adventure and they were all still going strong when I sold them with between 75-125k on the clocks.

Current bike is a 2012 MY 1200 Adventure; That's almost got 140k on the clock and I've done about 125 of that in just over 4½ years.

Longevity shouldn't be a problem on either the 1150 or 1200, provided they've been looked after.

The ABS can be a bit fragile on the late 1150s and early 1200s though; the control unit went on the 1150 Adventure I had and ended up having it chopped out by BGM in Pembury.

My preference would be for the 1200, but I'm sure you'd find either bike fantastic.

Good luck with the purchase!

I’d buy a leggy bike with history over a less miles one with no history every tome, no question.

Same here.
If it is well documented and the bike has been looked after, that would be good.

I would buy a 1200 over a 1150 to be fair.
The only issue is the servo-abs on 2004 bikes.

MY lemon might be up for sale soon ;) its only got 34K in it i think ( i need to check)

If her indoors decides what car she wants, i can get a newer one ;) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom