Gerbing Heated Gear - a query

(RIP) Spangle

Reaction score
I’ve owned a heated jacket for about 5 years (although only used twice..) and have recently bought a pair of XRS12 gloves. Each item came supplied with a ‘junior temperature controller’.

My jacket has short cables & plugs coming from the cuff of each sleeve - can I simply connect the gloves here and control temperature simultaneously via the jacket controller or do I need to buy a Dual Temperature Controller?

I have emailed Gerbing over a month ago without reply. Any suggestions much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC all the jackets on the market run a separate loom for the gloves as most (A*Stars apart) have the controllers on the gloves themselves.
If the Gerbing gloves don't then you "could" but most likely will find that the controller isn't sufficient to handle the amperage necessary.
Either continue using each or get the dual.
Warm'n safe have a link cable that runs both together OR jacket/liner and gloves independently.

Edit - it would appear Gerbing don't have the controls on the gloves either.

It may depend on the connectors in the jacket. I have a Warm and Safe jacket which offers the option of controlling both jacket and gloves from one controller or, by disconnecting one of the co-ax connections in the jacket, separate control using a dual-controller. I used to have a Gerbing jacket but can't now remember how it was wired, sorry. They don't seem to respond to emails. They sold me one of the first wireless dual controllers, which I later found had no way that I could discern to replace the battery. I emailed them about this with no response. One of the reasons I changed to Warm and Safe.

I’ve owned a heated jacket for about 5 years (although only used twice..) and have recently bought a pair of XRS12 gloves. Each item came supplied with a ‘junior temperature controller’.

My jacket has short cables & plugs coming from the cuff of each sleeve - can I simply connect the gloves here and control temperature simultaneously via the jacket controller or do I need to buy a Dual Temperature Controller?

I have emailed Gerbing over a month ago without reply. Any suggestions much appreciated

You do connect the gloves to the leads at the cuff in the jacket. The junior controller, the one you got with the gloves, will not power the jacket and gloves. Jacket 6.4amps gloves 2.2amps. You can either use the jacket controller and a Y connector. The Y connector goes to the white and black in the jacket, then to the controller. Downside is jacket and gloves run at the same temp. Or get the dual controller.

IIRC all the jackets on the market run a separate loom for the gloves as most (A*Stars apart) have the controllers on the gloves themselves.
If the Gerbing gloves don't then you "could" but most likely will find that the controller isn't sufficient to handle the amperage necessary.
Either continue using each or get the dual.
Warm'n safe have a link cable that runs both together OR jacket/liner and gloves independently.

Edit - it would appear Gerbing don't have the controls on the gloves either.

Cheers squire. I’ve resolved the issue by selling the jacket!

The gloves come complete with a ‘junior controller’ for temperature purposes.

You do connect the gloves to the leads at the cuff in the jacket. The junior controller, the one you got with the gloves, will not power the jacket and gloves. Jacket 6.4amps gloves 2.2amps. You can either use the jacket controller and a Y connector. The Y connector goes to the white and black in the jacket, then to the controller. Downside is jacket and gloves run at the same temp. Or get the dual controller.

Thanks Tetley. I’m thinking of buying a heated Gerbing fleece instead to replace the jacket and will go with the Y piece connector you mention.

Wow that sounds dangerous! The Junior controller for the gloves does not have sufficient capacity to run a jacket and could overheat with serious consequences, so don't mix them up. The single controller for the jacket but looks similar to the Junior, but has a higher capacity with much thicker cables.

Yet you can run the gloves from the sleeves of the jacket, but you must controller the temperature via a jacket controller.

Back
Top Bottom