Spare set of wheels question

Wheels

Yup, and that 10 minutes will cost a minimum of 1Hr labour. So dont be surprised that its £90.

I have had it done twice by a main dealer and both times for free ! you only have to ask nicely :thumb

What do people pay for a nice set of cast wheels for a 1250 GSA

Ooft that's a lot of money....

I paid about £580 for mine with tyres....

That's a great price :thumb2
Sometimes bargains are to be had but the normal price is probably around £700.The ones on eBay were brand new though.

Yes, it will throw some codes.

on the 1200lc you could program 2 pairs of sensors, but i'm not sure on the 1250 yet

I have 2 sets of wheels for my 1250 and can put either on once sensors were coded.

If you've got one, put the kettle on ;)
I've been at Lind WGC today and they said without TPMS, I'll have a warning notice at start up which I can clear, then a constant flashing warning light. It will be a nuisance but at least it won't go in limp mode according to Lind. If I can get a set of TPMS, they'll code it for £45 per wheel.
At that price, I'll bring my own kettle, water and tea bags if you have a GS911 :beerjug:

My dealer coded my second set for free. I was expecting to pay something but they are having a laugh your dealer at £45 per wheel it is a 5 min job my dealer said.

My dealer coded my second set for free. I was expecting to pay something but they are having a laugh your dealer at £45 per wheel it is a 5 min job my dealer said.

Yeah, it's silly money for the time it takes but I'll see if I can push them for a freebie.

I bought a set of cast wheels yesterday on eBay for £595 delivered. Both wheels come with valve sensors and the front has an ABS ring and discs.
No tyres included but I have a new pair of Trailriders waiting for the cast wheels and then I'll fit the new Adventurecross AX41 tyres on my spokes.

These came off a 2015 GS so should the batteries in the sensors still be OK. I don't want to fit the tyres and find the batteries are dead :blast
I'll buy a EL50448 sensor wake up tool but will it indicate if it woke or connected to the sensor?

Yeah, it's silly money for the time it takes but I'll see if I can push them for a freebie.

I bought a set of cast wheels yesterday on eBay for £595 delivered. Both wheels come with valve sensors and the front has an ABS ring and discs.
No tyres included but I have a new pair of Trailriders waiting for the cast wheels and then I'll fit the new Adventurecross AX41 tyres on my spokes.

These came off a 2015 GS so should the batteries in the sensors still be OK. I don't want to fit the tyres and find the batteries are dead :blast
I'll buy a EL50448 sensor wake up tool but will it indicate if it woke or connected to the sensor?

Surely it's worth an ounce of prevention to fit new batteries while the tyres are off?

Surely it's worth an ounce of prevention to fit new batteries while the tyres are off?

Yes, probably the best thing to do. It takes the CR2032 batteries with solder tabs like the one below :beerjug:

51QrVHV2Z5L._AC_.jpg

Mine lasted for around five years before the batteries went.

I also had a go at replacing a battery and failed...

To break away from the Hayes/Brembo saga.... I received my spare set of rims today :augie

What should have been a happy occasion, turned to shite as soon as I took the wrapping off.
First thing I noticed, no bloody sensors after it was confirmed that they were included and shown on photos.
Biggest issue is 2x dents in the front rim. They are not horrendous but if I roll the wheel slowly over the floor, it will stop at the dent. One dent is slightly flared out as well where shown with the ruler.

Question, is it safe to get these repaired or not worth the risk. I could ask for a big discount and get them repaired but if it's not safe to do, they've got to go back.
The rear wheel seems fine and the front discs are still in great condition.

LumqA5O.jpg

pNEX3Up.jpg

RLDrV4O.jpg

4HYDkIy.jpg

odFzDp8.jpg

ES0OH2W.jpg

I had a very similar ding repaired on my ktm front wheel. Speak to Roy thersby in Stockton on tees. Massive experience and knows his stuff. Won’t touch it if he thinks it won’t be safe.
I also used hagons in the past but I’m told they stopped alloy repairs a few years back. HTH

I had a very similar ding repaired on my ktm front wheel. Speak to Roy thersby in Stockton on tees. Massive experience and knows his stuff. Won’t touch it if he thinks it won’t be safe.
I also used hagons in the past but I’m told they stopped alloy repairs a few years back. HTH

Thank you for the info. I've contacted the eBay seller so I'll wait till he replies.
It looks as if the dents are only on the outer lip of the rim so probably not too bad.

Once the tyre is fitted i very much doubt you would see or feel it.
but they need re powdercoating regardless so may as well send off for repair too

Motoliner in Kent repaired a wheel on my K1600 with a far flatter bit than that. The repair was invisible and it was less than £100 on a same day basis.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Once the tyre is fitted i very much doubt you would see or feel it.
but they need re powdercoating regardless so may as well send off for repair too
The one dent flares out slightly so I'm concerned that it might leak. Yes, they'll need to be powdercoated because the heating process will probably discolour the rims.

Motoliner in Kent repaired a wheel on my K1600 with a far flatter bit than that. The repair was invisible and it was less than £100 on a same day basis.
I had a look at their website but it doesn't look like they powdercoat after the repair. Was yours resprayed where they repaired the dent?

Back
Top Bottom