Spare set of wheels question

Jverdoes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to get a spare set of wheels for off-road trips but all the used rims I can find have no TPMS fitted.
Can I run these with a normal valve (no TPMS) or will my 1250 TFT through up error messages?
If my original TPMS wheels have not been fitted to my 1250 for a while, would they loose their link/connection with the TFT?

If anyone wants to sell a set of wheels, alloy or spoked, please let me know :thumb2

Yes, it will throw some codes.

on the 1200lc you could program 2 pairs of sensors, but i'm not sure on the 1250 yet

Yes, it will throw some codes.

on the 1200lc you could program 2 pairs of sensors, but i'm not sure on the 1250 yet

My dealer has confirmed that the 1250 can also be programmed with 2 sets (I plan to get it done this year).

You can get a pair of TPMS sensor on eBay for around £100 then fit them to your spare wheels and get the dealer to programme them in. Expensive though. Easier would be to just ignore the warnings.

Thanks all for the comments :thumb2

Easier would be to just ignore the warnings.
The warnings won't bug me too much if its only a flashing warning symbol but won't the bike eventually go in "limp" mode if these were ignored?
Bloody shopping list growing again :blast

Borrow a GS911 and program them yourself.
If you've got one, put the kettle on ;)
I've been at Lind WGC today and they said without TPMS, I'll have a warning notice at start up which I can clear, then a constant flashing warning light. It will be a nuisance but at least it won't go in limp mode according to Lind. If I can get a set of TPMS, they'll code it for £45 per wheel.
At that price, I'll bring my own kettle, water and tea bags if you have a GS911 :beerjug:

Im almost tempted after how long it took to clean my wheels yesterday, a cast pair for the winter and the gold spoked pair for the summer.

Im almost tempted after how long it took to clean my wheels yesterday, a cast pair for the winter and the gold spoked pair for the summer.

^^ This

But you'll end up sticking with the cast wheels as they're so much easier to live with.

What's also nice, is you can prep the other wheelset with 'winter' or 'summer' bias tyres

I've been at Lind WGC today and they said without TPMS, I'll have a warning notice at start up which I can clear, then a constant flashing warning light. It will be a nuisance but at least it won't go in limp mode according to Lind. If I can get a set of TPMS, they'll code it for £45 per wheel.
At that price, I'll bring my own kettle, water and tea bags if you have a GS911 :beerjug:

Long run up to NE Scotland though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the MotoScan Ultimate App for about £35 and an OBDLink MX device for £90 and an EL-50448 TPMS reset device for £6

Total cost, £131

This means you can reset your service reminders, program TPMS Sensors, Fault Code reading.....

Any time you want :thumb2

I bought the MotoScan Ultimate App for about £35 and an OBDLink MX device for £90 and an EL-50448 TPMS reset device for £6

Total cost, £131

This means you can reset your service reminders, program TPMS Sensors, Fault Code reading.....

Any time you want :thumb2

Ahh but I already have a GS so I don’t think i will downgrade to anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bahnstormers near Alton haven't quoted how much, but over the phone confirmed it's a 10 min job so better come in a lot less than than £90 ..

Bahnstormers near Alton haven't quoted how much, but over the phone confirmed it's a 10 min job so better come in a lot less than than £90 ..

- Park bike
- take battery cover off
- plug into OBD2 Port
- go to TPMS Menu
- press EL-50448 device to waken sensor
- code in.... repeat for rear wheel.
- unplug OBD2 port
- put battery cover back on
- roll bike outside
- create an invoice

Back
Top Bottom