INNOVV K2 recording problem

It needs 10 seconds at start up and 10 seconds after shutdown to allow it to save last file. The Innovv power supply has these timings built in.Look for a small box like this to find out if you have the correct power source.

Do you know where the yellow switch wire goes I have a different make but mine is taken from one of the red leads on the plug in the above image which powers down some 30 seconds after the ignition off?

BMW have now washed their hands of it...................

The reason I ask about the power up, is because it can either come direct from the battery via a fuse, and thus the DVR (recorder) is live all the time (residual current), or someone (you/prev owner) has fitted a seperate fuse control system, which feeds many units, such as DRL, charging leads, Innovv, etc.
If it is the latter, these electronic fuse units usually have timers within them, which delay start-up and other things, and usually are programmable too.
The Innovv unit needs to see a permanent 12v connected to it in order to write it's files properly. So if you're connected via one of these units, and there are timings involved, the Innovv may not get its 12v correctly, thus messing up the writing of the video files.
I found this out the hard way, took me a week to find out the fuse unit was closing down just a few seconds too early, thus messing up the writing of the files. I extended the switch off time (on the fuse unit) from the standard time of about 7s, to 30s, and all was well.

If you don't fix it (and Innovv are very helpful), and fancy a ride down to south Cheshire, we can trouble shoot it.
Regards
Phil

Thanks Phil, i'll try it again next weekend, and if still a problem will appreciate the help :okay

Do you know where the yellow switch wire goes I have a different make but mine is taken from one of the red leads on the plug in the above image which powers down some 30 seconds after the ignition off?

I'll have a look when I get home, i'll take a pic.

So....ive just braved the weather and took the bike out for a short ride.

I rode it from the off without using the APP to see that all is working...and.....Hallelujha!!! It worked.

So, it seems that when I was closing the APP it was ending the recording. I did notice that there was a bit of a delay in the start of recordings, but isn't this because it takes 10 seconds for it to start?

So....ive just braved the weather and took the bike out for a short ride.

I rode it from the off without using the APP to see that all is working...and.....Hallelujha!!! It worked.

So, it seems that when I was closing the APP it was ending the recording. I did notice that there was a bit of a delay in the start of recordings, but isn't this because it takes 10 seconds for it to start?

Yes it takes 10 seconds to switch on and start recording then when you stop it takes another 10 seconds to save the last file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a pic of the location of install for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 136
I haven't read through all of this so my experience may be unrelated but it might help others. I had major problems with the DVR shutting down after a few mins and then capturing footage only periodically . It turned out that my converter (the little black box) was overheating and consequently shutting down. Innovv don't offer advice on where to locate it and i did what everyone else does, i put it under the riders seat. It seems that's a bad place for over heating although all of the YouTube videos show it located there.

Through trial and error I found that fitting it behind the small triangular side panel on the nearside allows it to operate normally. Give it a go! Gerry.

Back
Top Bottom