Alternative to BMW panniers

Fletch2701

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got any experience with Bumont or SHAD panniers as an alternative to BMW ones, looking for something a bit cheaper, doesn't seem to be 2nd ones about, also soft luggage like Moscow might be an option, any thoughts appreciated- to fit 1250 GSA. Thanks Guys.

Bumot do soft panniers. They lock onto the pannier frames as well. I modified some to fit the Metal Mule frames on my CCM and am well pleased.

Tom

I've got the Bumot ally panniers/top box; excellent quality kit IMO. Mind you only got 'em to save more serious damage when I inevitably drop the bike!

Just bought a full set of Mosko Moto Backcountry panniers (Offset 35/25), a 30L duffel and the Nomad tank bag.

The kit is beautifully made, looks absolutely bombproof and is easy to fit and remove. Can't wait to try it out in Spain in June.

Anyone got any experience with Bumont or SHAD panniers as an alternative to BMW ones, looking for something a bit cheaper, doesn't seem to be 2nd ones about, also soft luggage like Moscow might be an option, any thoughts appreciated- to fit 1250 GSA. Thanks Guys.

fred_jb on here fitted Shad to his GS.

You can get Bumot panniers and topbox to fit directly onto the BMW frames

Excellent quality, powder coated inside and the lids have friction hinges so that you can use them as a table for lighter items

My only criticism is the locking mechanism to the OE frames is a bid fiddly.

Here's a picture of my 1250 with the older style defender panniers....the Evo defenders came out about 6 months later

Mike

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 496
Give Bernie at Stahlkoffer a shout... I'm pretty sure he's on here! Ace panniers! Great service too. I had a pretty bad crash a couple years back, bike flipped, the left pannier protected the landing but ruptured the case bracket in the process. Bernie sent me the bracket plate, so I could grind off the old brackets and bolt on the new one... Instead of charging me for a whole new pannier.
21fd374e1b937427c0d0aa62a736c4ff.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Spot on pal, much bigger than the BMW panniers by all accounts, strong and sturdy, very well built panniers.
Just looking forward to getting out and using them at some point this year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opted for SW Motech Trax Adv for my 1250GSA, I love the quality of the SW Motech stuff but it's not cheap unfortunately.

49984415462_6c620981c4_b.jpg

49984414817_c7a9469c61_b.jpg

49984155476_3a15592792_b.jpg

I'm also looking for a set. Do any of them take a helmet in the larger pannier? Save me taking topbox out all the time?

I'm also looking for a set. Do any of them take a helmet in the larger pannier? Save me taking topbox out all the time?

My SW Motech one won't, not safely anyway. I have a Shoei Neotech and it is just a smidge too narrow to fit, but it's mostly due to the rubber seal around the top. Pretty sure I could have forced it past, but didn't wanna scratch the helmet.

Back
Top Bottom