New 4 Season M+S tyre from Dunlop

800_dunlop-mutant-fr-34-packshots-142652.png

I think I’ll leave it to someone else to try them on ice and snow before I give them a go. I tried the Heidenau K60 M+S tyres and they were a long way short of what you’d get from similar rated car tyres and on a modern bike you’re better turning off the ABS and relying on traction control stopping you from lighting up the back wheel.

It’s still good to see manufacturers at least try to give us tyres suitable for crap conditions so hats off to them for that :thumb2

I didn't know that Dunlop were now owned by Goodyear, You learn something new each day on here :)

I didn't know that Dunlop were now owned by Goodyear, You learn something new each day on here :)

the brand is owned by different companies in different markets - my MT09 Tracer was made in Japan and came with Dunlop tyres made by Sumitomo. A D222 tyre not sold in Europe. Sumitomo own the brand in S.Africa as well

buy Dunlop tyres in Europe, NZ, Australia or USA and they are made by Goodyear.

In Maylaysia, the brand is owned by Continental and in India by a local company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunlop_Tyres

Thanks for that Wessie. I assume all tyre R+D is done by Goodyear, and the individual companies such as Sumitomo in japan, and Continental in India manufacture under licence to Goodyears specs.

I would/will 100% try them.....if they are available in 110 front and 150 rear.

from my G8 ThinQ

Thanks for that Wessie. I assume all tyre R+D is done by Goodyear, and the individual companies such as Sumitomo in japan, and Continental in India manufacture under licence to Goodyears specs.

I imagine it varies depending on the market. M+S tyres are an EU thing so perhaps developed here. However, when I was using Roadsmart Tyres on the Tracer, I noticed the v3 was available in Japan some time before we got it in Europe. I made the assumption that Sumitomo had developed it. Looking at the history of the brand, it seems the relationships are complex, sometimes with co-operation and more recently, competition.

Damn.......it looks they ain't available in those sizes.

from my G8 ThinQ

Back
Top Bottom