Irish Photo Rally 2020

@Frodi.... You will eventually get a damp patch and mould on the inside of that wall where the down pipe is dispensing the water against it. Saw the same thing happen to a neighbour, just sayin...

I have plans to extend it down to the drainage grill at ground level but I need DIY shops to be open and me to have some time. The angle piece can be popped on and off as needed. I'll post pic when I eventually get around to it.

Well done, Jockser, Merv and Co. :clap:clap:clap:clap
Using the bikes was Merv’s idea & he did the organising. I only did the one run but other more anonymous riders did the bulk of it.
I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time :blush
But I was delighted to be able to do this tiny thing in support of our brave & hardworking healthcare professionals.

Maybe after this the government will throw a bit more money at them :rob

Kamikaze said:
You can understand her keeping her distance!
Absofugginlutely, I didn’t even get a chance to do my hair :rolleyes:

Done my first run yesterday, it's geat to be able to help.......even in a small way.

It was nice to meet you Merv and if you see this....... fair play to you for organising this, I got some idea when I was at your house how much of your time this must be taking up.

nice one merv and all you mad feckers :D

if normal had happened today

it woulda been fermanagh sligo mayo leitrim stop in strokestown

westmeath and an mhi tomorrow

hopefully end of may (seeing as leo extended lockdown today)

Well, I just had to

A trip this moring to the tufted one to get my speedo sorted. Afterwards I had to test it to make sure that it was working properly. So a quick trip to the Dublin/Kildare rally point which is kinda, sorta, almost nearly within the rstricted distance from my house. At least as a supersonic crow flys.
Whatever about the bike I feel so much better for it.

Attachments

• Dublin sml.jpg
    Dublin sml.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 320
see the beam there?

thats the garda helicopter trying to beam you up :D

That picture better win me a bloody prize. That's all I'm saying. :aidan :goodnight

i could do famine cross from here as its only 20k from the port :D :aidan

welsh cops might get upset tho :D

McEvoy ballyknockan

I hate potatobucket

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_132430.jpg
    IMG_20200524_132430.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 261
Howdy, I'm heading out soon to start my photo rally. It'll be my first proper long spin since I broke my ankle at christmas and I've a refreshed rear shock with uprated spring to enjoy. Only got it back yesterday! Yay!

Anyone using Scenic on their phone as a GPS? I love it's curvy roads feature. I have been adding in random places within an area i want to visit and i let it calculate the route. It works great and has brought me to some cracking roads of all surface types! I'm trying to apply that to the photo rally .gpx. Thing is the app will not import the .gpx. 'tis most frustrating! Anyone any tips? In the mean time, i'm just going to put the locations in manually.

I have a suspicion i'm missing something obvious, like the .gpx file for the rally does not contain any routes so Scenic can't import it? Anyway, best have some breakfast (sourdough discard pancakes) get suited and booted and hit the road. I'm a bit excited to heading out!

Completely forgot to do the rally points. Need to figure out scenic but what great roads. Came across this wooly sheep. It would appear humans are not the only ones to not get a haircut during the lockdown!
3acdaad1c9d8dd811761a5630e505750.jpg

Another long spin today, 275 miles. 3 photorally points, one Iron Butt and one BMW Ulster. A lot of boring roads getting there but thats the price you pay for getting 4 points west of the Shannon and back in one day. I came back via the old Galway road, marginally better than the motorway.
Cold enough, I had to put on my jumper after the smallest church in Carrick. Also it was not helped by road closures in Carrick so I had to follow a merry go round to get there. Loads of bikes out there today and loads of rain. 🌧🌧

Attachments

• 22 Leitrim sml.jpg
    22 Leitrim sml.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 23 Roscommon sml.jpg
    23 Roscommon sml.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 163
  • BMW03 Cavan sml.jpg
    BMW03 Cavan sml.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 164
  • 11 Longford Westmeath sml.jpg
    11 Longford Westmeath sml.jpg