Repair or replace Ipad Air

Striker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The battery is playing up on my iPad Air (2013-2014). It is only used to surf the web and emails.

Is it worth repairing or do I replace it with something else? I'm open to suggestions please. It does not have to be an iPad.

Andy

I very recently got a quote from a local Apple repairer for replacing the battery on an iPad Air 2 - £70. If, other than battery performance, it's still doing everything you want it too as well as you need it to, then just get a new battery.

Why not use one of those £10 battery’s that you plug your device into to charge up? The iPad isn’t going to last for ever. It’s a cheaper way to prolong its life. JJH

That model air should still run today’s apps and iOS - I would say it was worthwhile getting a new battery (if that is indeed the cause, and not some charging circuitry)

Thanks for your replies.
I can always keep it plugged in but its getting worse by the day only charging to 88% and powering off at 50% . My local reseller said the battery could not be replaced in the Air but offered a refurbished one for £255 with a 3 month warranty or a new iPad for £347 with a 3 year warranty and they would give me £81 for my old one. So £266.

Google/youtube search the possibility of renewing the battery, also Apple direct?

Andy I got mine replaced by a mobile bloke I found on internet.

Pop round, fit, 70 quid all in.

It’s not an original Apple battery so doesn’t show up on the health thing but it works just fine.

May be an option ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom