Klim Kodiaq

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Decided I want to get some laminate textiles to replacy my Dainese textiles that have a laminate inner lining, and I've gone from wanting the Rukka Nivala to now preferring the Klim Kodiaq (on the basis the Klim has much more venting in for warmer weather).

I had an atrocious soaking riding up to Scotland in the Dainese textiles where absolutely everything got wet, so want something that doesnt soak in water.

Any opinions or experience of the Klim Kodiaq ?

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/444968

RBW.

Can’t talk of that particular one but the Klim build quality is fantastic generally.

I have 2 badlands suits and a few odds and sod’s and it’s all well made and I have never got wet.

As you say venting is good too

Expensive but I think worth it.

Oh my grey badlands is now 9 years old and it’s still in fantastic condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not with the Kodiaq, I have a cheaper goretex summer jacket and it is superb.....when I click and look at the Kodiaq, the website asks me to sign up for updates for 10% off my next order...just making sure you're aware as I presume it'll save you £150 plus :thumb

I've got the Kodiak. Great jacket and quality is excellent. Kept me bone dry in some ridicous downpours. Much closer fitting than other klim jackets ie Badlands. Cuffs can be a pain to get gloves under as they don't expand a great deal but you get used to it.

I've been pleased with mine so far.

I have the kodiak pants as they come in fat mans size! Best gear ive ever owned and will go for the jacket next

I've got the Kodiak. Great jacket and quality is excellent. Kept me bone dry in some ridicous downpours. Much closer fitting than other klim jackets ie Badlands. Cuffs can be a pain to get gloves under as they don't expand a great deal but you get used to it.

I've been pleased with mine so far.
Did you replace the excuse for chest protection with anything more substantial? Im looking around for bits that may fit and all ive seen is the richa d30.

Klim state what it comes with is not rated and they dont do upgrades.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Chest protection.... Ha ha ha... I think a thick jumper would probably offer more protection. It's more use as a chest warmer. Haven't looked into anything else though just yet.

I bought Kodiak because it was the only one that did euro sizes and so a short leg (at the time).

They’ve covered most of the UK and I took them to Alaska, The Yukon, BC and Nor Cal in 2018. Ventilation is great and when zipped up, the waterproofing has never let me down.

A++ from me.

PS. The waist line sits where you would expect so no chest protection needed :p

Chest protection.... Ha ha ha... I think a thick jumper would probably offer more protection. It's more use as a chest warmer. Haven't looked into anything else though just yet.
Haha true. Let me know how you fair out?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I have a Klim Latitude - I tried the Kodiak on when buying but preferred the Latitude because it was a bit lighter and I really wanted it for overseas touring so didnt want it to be too warm.
Both jackets look to be similar in fit and features but definite advantage to features on the Kodiak.

As someone has already mentioned the cuffs are small for getting gloves under but with a bit of faffing they are OK - vents if anything as effective as the Latitude will be great (they tend to put vents in real effective areas - for example sleeve vents are on top of your forearms and shoulder and front vents are up high or wide to allow air to get in them).

The jacket is good in hot weather and brilliant (perfectly dry) in wet weather. The only thing you will need is to carry a Micro Fleece - because when the weather turns cold and wet the jacket is not so warm (but I bought it to stay cool and dry so I am not complaining).

construction is good - I think its as good if not better than the Rukka stuff but the lack of multi layer kit reflected in the price.

I still like the look of the Kodiak and would probably go that way if I was purchasing again but the Latitude is heading for 2 year old and looks like new and is very very comfortable when in hot weather.

Rik

Thanks Rik, looks like Sportsbikeshop are discounting the Kodiaq at the moment as well.

The only issue I have is that I am bikeless, until my Tiger arrives so not rushing.

RBW.

Decided I want to get some laminate textiles to replacy my Dainese textiles that have a laminate inner lining, and I've gone from wanting the Rukka Nivala to now preferring the Klim Kodiaq (on the basis the Klim has much more venting in for warmer weather).

I had an atrocious soaking riding up to Scotland in the Dainese textiles where absolutely everything got wet, so want something that doesnt soak in water.

Any opinions or experience of the Klim Kodiaq ?

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/444968

RBW.

Just done the NC500 in Kodiak jacket and pants. Absolutely bone dry throughout.

They replace some “waterproof” Merlin textiles..... what a false economy they were! Utter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klim was the best available but a word to the wise they are no longer the privately owned niche and quality manufacturer they once were

My original Badlands was bloody brilliant and it is such a shame that it shrank over successive winters. the newer models have much less of the armacor stuff than they used to and whilst Klim will say the ceramic beading stuff is as good I have witnessed how it wore through in an slide down the road compared to the armacor.

Their warranty was once the lifetime and it was excellent and always honoured but they are becoming more reluctant on this now

When I bought a new suit I was open minded

I went Rukka Nivala
If you dont go off road the Nivala is comfier and fits like a set of good leathers with loads of stretch and flex and is as waterproof as anything you can buy

Also should you have a leak there is a loan suit promise whilst yours is away ( for a good long time as with Klim)

Also the cuff design is so much better than the long standing weakness of Klim and the storm collar is brilliant when it pisses it down

The Nivala does have plenty ov venting but not as much as Klim and the Klim has more pockets

Back
Top Bottom