R1150R exhaust options...

Mike Drewry

Reaction score
Hi guys. My new acquisition is a lovely '01 R1150R, just picked it up a couple of days ago and already love it!

It sounds pretty good as it is but I've already got an idea about releasing some more of that glorious sound!...

I'm thinking about the double stack Akra fitted to the R9T. It sounds fantastic, just the kind of sound I like. I'm wondering if anyone has ever fitted one to an R1150R before?

Cheers,
Mike

I tend to run my Rocksters with just the catalyser box. (with a small extension, or "tip", also known as a "stub").
Little bit louder, much easier access to the rear wheel, and full size left pannier. :)

I tend to run my Rocksters with just the catalyser box. (with a small extension, or "tip", also known as a "stub").
Little bit louder, much easier access to the rear wheel, and full size left pannier. :)

Yep, that’s the way to do it :beerjug:

Thanks guys. I wouldn't want to do that myself as personally I don't like bikes to be too loud. Don't get me wrong, I love the growl of an Akra, or a Leo Vince, or other good cans, but I don't like stuff that's too raspy or too loud (been there, done it, hate it, much prefer standard cans really). But I do love the look and the sound of the double stack Akra as fitted standard to the R9T

is there not an issue with the stubby burning the panniers? I would like a little bit more of a growl but not just more noise...anyone got sound clips..:) or is that too much of a teenage thought?

is there not an issue with the stubby burning the panniers? I would like a little bit more of a growl but not just more noise...anyone got sound clips..:) or is that too much of a teenage thought?

Nope. I've only burnt the panniers by using (iirc) a y-piece and the OE can.

FWIW the catalyser does an excellent job as a silencer, the bike is quieter with just the cat than it is with a Remus. (imho)

I ran one with a stubby and it wasn't excessively loud ,bit more of a bark.
As has been said it's so much easier to get the back wheel out.
I didn't have an issue with the pannier as the stubby had a short bend.

To give you a rough idea of the sound,just whip the can off.

Back
Top Bottom