Difference between c3 basic and c3 pro?

JJH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone have experience of above helmets? I’m thinking of buying one and am wondering if the pro is that much better than the basic. I know the pro has a pinlock included. Thanks. JJH

if only there was some sort of website where you could ask questions...

there's a longer 20m video on the Pro as well

I had the C3 Pro. Kept misting up. It went back to shop for replacement pinlocks x 3, went to tran am x1 for repalcement visor surround, went to Schuberth afterwards for new refit. Still misted up.
Water also gets blown up the inside when closed (not a lot, but enough to give you a fright now and again). The outside chin vent works on the principle that air is forced down the funky visor then gets re routed into the helmet up along the inside of the visor. Great if you are moving...Doesn't work if in traffic, going up an alpine road in pissing rain. Crack the visor and the top loses contact with the rubber seal, so water runs down on inside of visor. Other than that, hot (be nice now though mind as it seals a lot of wind out), quiet, comfy and nice size, big viewing size outside vent. I returned mine for a full refund.

Unless you want to listen to radio there's no significant difference for normal pillion to rider communication, or general riding.

i found pro tighter than standard c3, eventually i moved on to a shoei neotec which i find more comfortable, my size is large which in schuberth is up to 59cm, shoei large 60 cm.

My C3 was the best fitting helmet I have ever owned - in a large size I think that's because its a 59 and not a 60 which is the norm for most (all?) other manufacturers.
The helmet itself was no better than average though. Don't think its built any better than my current Caberg tourmax.

Does anyone else make a large in a 59 rather than a 60 ?

Anyone have experience of above helmets? I’m thinking of buying one and am wondering if the pro is that much better than the basic. I know the pro has a pinlock included. Thanks. JJH

Just as a follow up. The Pro that I bought did not have a Pinlock. It had an inner that looked like a Pinlock, but was in fact a liner with a vacuum moulded lip formed.

Only just realised as I got fed up with misting and bought a new one.

The data sheet doesn't mention Pinlock either, just an anti fog shield.

My C3 was the best fitting helmet I have ever owned - in a large size I think that's because its a 59 and not a 60 which is the norm for most (all?) other manufacturers.
The helmet itself was no better than average though. Don't think its built any better than my current Caberg tourmax.

Does anyone else make a large in a 59 rather than a 60 ?
Yep... Same here... Very snug and totally comfy... Hence my neotec 2 thread... As you say... Pretty well built but not outstanding so mine is showing its age and mileage...

Just an update. To those who said that the c3 was comfortable yes I agree. When I tried one it felt instantly comfortable. Why did I buy a system 7? I got a good deal. Why did I then shell out for a new pinlock for my system 6? Comfort and noise reduction. Yes I’ll eventually start wearing my 7. Probably when their totally out of date!! Anyone interested in a worn once begotto xl flip with Bluetooth? £100 posted. Or a kbc flip £70 posted. JJH

Back
Top Bottom