Retain the shine...

Don't get harpic on anything other than the pipes !!!!!

You can use it in the loo as well apparently, and its technically free, as it goes on the shopping bill like a tin of Brasso :)

Impressive results,what product did you use with the elbow grease

Really sorry. Missed this in all the replies.

I used Harpic bleach to get rid of the worst of the rust and then trial and error. Using green polishing paste and mop on an angle grinder did a good job finishing with Autosol on a medium foam polishing head fitted to the drill to get it really shining. Finished off with a towel and Autosol to get all the way around the pipes. Still not 100%, but considering what it looked like you’d not think it would ever shine again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really sorry. Missed this in all the replies.

I used Harpic bleach to get rid of the worst of the rust and then trial and error. Using green polishing paste and mop on an angle grinder did a good job finishing with Autosol on a medium foam polishing head fitted to the drill to get it really shining. Finished off with a towel and Autosol to get all the way around the pipes. Still not 100%, but considering what it looked like you’d not think it would ever shine again!

Any pics ??

If it helps I have used "OptiGlanz" for the last few years ... believe it was recommended by a Tosser and its good stuff ...look it up. :)

Any pics ??

Some at the beginning of the thread, but here’s a close up of the pipes, not bad for 60K mikes!

54812d6c5b0b59066a233ad321819718.jpg

Thats pretty good. Check out the pipes on todays post on 'what did you do to your bike today' thread ..... :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom