Not a clue

Big bikes can be brilliant green lane bikes,ride 100,200,500 miles to decent terrain, ride the trails then home again,
Can’t say I’d much enjoy that on a 250 or any single come to that,
Last year 4 of us took the airheads to Spain,rode 2.5 k miles on roads,trails,off tarmac mountain passes,etc etc.(mostly the TET)
All of us were blown away at the ease that the bikes handled some really technical stuff,once we were “dialed in”
Stuff I’d certainly never point a 1200 at.
Stuff I’d think twice about doing on a ktm 690/640 /650 bmw.
I’m sure the other tossers will agree,these bikes are keepers:cool:

Horses for courses, I’ve done many kms off road in France and Spain on my standard R100GS and 690, hoping to do many more, also blessed with many hundreds of kms of trails on our doorstep so can ride from my front door for days barely touching tarmac if I so wish. These days prefer to do my own thing so a light bike is essential.

Horses for courses, I’ve done many kms off road in France and Spain on my standard R100GS and 690, hoping to do many more, also blessed with many hundreds of kms of trails on our doorstep so can ride from my front door for days barely touching tarmac if I so wish. These days prefer to do my own thing so a light bike is essential.

Good call if you are riding on your own,
Not jealous in the slightest:comfort

Exactly my situation, although not in Europe, and apart from riding alone old age and arthritis also make a light bike essential!
Last time the G/S PD was on the scales in outback trim it was 232 kg, got to work out how to remove that 60kg of flab, probably removing the motor will get me there!

Back
Top Bottom