Adding timings to a route

paul08

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have created a route in BC - all well and good now that I have reverted to the 2020.2 maps :)

Usually that does me, and I just transfer the route to my satnav and run it.

However, in this instance, the route is one for a local car club and many will not have a compatable stanav to run the .gpx file. I will print out the step-by-step instructions for them.

Which leads me to this request:

how do I edit the start time, and insert a stop period at coffeebreaks, lunch stops etc. Looking at the info in BC, the start time is, by default, the time the route was created. i want to set it at 9am, say, and then add in all the coffee and lunch breaks, to give a realistic finish time.

double click the route you wish to work with to bring up the properties box, make sure the top tabs has the properties one selected, you should see a list of points with a start point and end point and maybe some inbetween, right click on any of them and selct edit via point to make alterations, hope this helps. This would be on PC may be different on mac.

It’s a little bit different on a Mac but not very much.

From memory:

Route Information

In the pop-up box find the screen (third tab?) where you can change announced points into unannounced points and visa-versa

If the point is announce (the start and end points always are) you’ll see a clock in the row

Click on the clock

Here you can alter the date, arrival time, departure time and date etc etc etc

Altering the date is useful as a Garmin device will sort routes into date order in the Trip screen

Back
Top Bottom