A nice Black Forest route....

Wapping

Reaction score
.... courtesy of the latest edition of Tourenfahrer magazine. 470 kms or 300 miles in Christian units, so a good day out or gentle bimble for two days. The eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted that it misses out a chunk of the B500. This is is great news as so many correspondents to this site say that it’s shite... or that is what their mate says or it’s what they have heard. But hey, make your own mind up.

9bef89227aeb833c4894c00d00a5020d.plist

1baa2629dfa3ff6c7e5c2efe4ec72a14.plist

The full details are on the free (every fecker likes free and no effort) Tourenfahrer website:

https://www.tourenfahrer.de/tour-datenbank/

“How do we do it, mate?” Easy...

Click on the route circled....

69f5ae39c41d5c6f71a733133ee7ddbd.plist

This will open up....

c4cf919591973c46eb2aa0427a365875.png

Look at it (if you can’t read ‘foreign’) in slack jawed wonder. Zoom in and out on the Open Street Map or whatever it is.

Then look at the pictures. Everyone likes pictures:

b2647370823e190cf7ffb04d50c496a5.plist

Click on a picture and, as if by magic, it will get bigger....

622248794adcf2c409549fc17eac8771.jpg

Scroll down a bit and you’ll see that for a couple of euro you can download the route in a bikermate friendly gpx file format:

f1c9f1e0e70e45b93e00b3bc7d1facbd.plist

Which is great if you can’t be arsed to create it yourself from the map that we talked about earlier. The really tight (and there are some amongst us) will begrudge the couple of euro and that they have been told all about this wonderful route for free or as part of their modest £12 subscription (if they can be arsed to pay it that is, or they’ll just continue with their leech like habits) so will have to put up with the map and make a bit of effort.

Anyway, enough of all that. Tourenfahrer, along with its sister magazines, are great sources of easy to use free(ish) help. Try them and build your own databank of great ideas; it’ll save you typing “Me and my 12 mates we is off to the Forest and we is needing routes and stuff for us holiday in the Forest....”. It won’t of course but at least I tried.

All now done.

PS If anyone gets stuck with the gps download, try the gps section.

Lovely area and Schiltach is a great stop for lunch by the river (burn).

For those with easy access to Calais, it would make a great mini-break. If you get your skates on you can get to say, Schenkenzell, at the top of the route in a day. Then spend a day (or two) hooning and get your skates on to come back.

Kurviger will give you twisty and not so twisty ways to get there from Calais. All in all, job done with just a few clicks of a mouse and a bit of imagination. Need ‘biker friendly digs’, to use the vernacular? Easy. Tourenfahrer has ‘partner houses’ which, oddly enough, welcome bikers of all creeds, races and intellectual capabilities. Job’s a carrot. Enjoy!

https://www.tourenfahrer-hotels.de/en/

PS Just noticed that the bloke in the picture on the main route page of Tourenfahrer magazine is a fat fecker on a GSA. He can be a role model. Two huge panniers, expanding tank bag, stuff strapped on the back, bling...... That he also appears to be on the wrong side of the road is a bikermate bonus.

88bc45332af6023b2fd22c7da3fd6552.jpg

I am getting the vibes that Kurviger is the new Michelin Map obsession chez Wapping .... !

That he also appears to be on the wrong side of the road is a bikermate bonus.

88bc45332af6023b2fd22c7da3fd6552.jpg

Looking at his style, he also appears to have a broom stick up his arse ...?!

Do the biker friendly digs do full English breakfast mate, don't eat none of that foreign muck? If I send my satnav (or is twatnav) to you, will you upload the routes for me?

Many thanks biker mate

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Two euro, u taking the piss?

Why dont you purchased it and share it via dropbox to the collective:D

We are not made of money you know and whats more i only have British pounds and none of the euro shit currency.

Thanks for this Wappers. Staying near Waldkirch for 3 nights in June, had already plotted a ride south of Freiburg, will see if my route can be improved using this.

Avoiding B500 this time, first ridden 2002, when you really could GLF. Now too busy, over policed etc, was there 2018

I reckon that would be a fantastic weekend and even better midweek. I've ridden in that area a few times and it's great.

I reckon that would be a fantastic weekend and even better midweek. I've ridden in that area a few times and it's great.

Midweek would be better. I think the routes avoid roads closed at weekends but the road from Freiburg to Todtnau over Schaunisland would be a good addition as it is a cracker, but it is closed at weekends for bikes.

No cake? Gateaux country and no mention of cake. What sort of people are you?

Lovely area and Schiltach is a great stop for lunch by the river (burn).

Hornberg , Schifach , wolfach, all superb places to ride through. Spend a few great days down there last summer. I had no problem riding the B500 to make progress south. Midweek is the time to do this,weekends it is a sports bike track and a portable police money making area

the route itself would be easy enough to trace if you cant afford a few bob to download it, doing it that way you could create your own start and end points.

Thanks for that Wapping planning a stopover in Friebourg end of April.
Is there a source of info on roads closed to bikes at weekends in Germany?

Back
Top Bottom