No brake light

wpm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Brake light not working
Hi guys,
Can anyone shed some light on this please?
I have an f700gs and the brake light doesn’t work at all the tail light is on but no brake light using either the front or rear brake.

Any help?

It’s unlikely that both front and rear brake lever switches have failed, have you checked out the rear light cluster connectors and wiring loom ?
If that doesn’t help, you could try testing for 12v with a multi meter at the rear light connector, to determine if it’s the light unit that has failed - though I would expect the bike to throw up a lamp fail warning, if it had failed.
Do you know anyone with a GS911 diagnostic tool ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's stuck on - one of the switches is sticking.
Take off the lens and see is both filaments are lit.

The rear switch may be easy to disconnect if you remove the seat and follow the cable.
Spray some lubricant on the switch. Front switch might be more awkward to get at.

Thanks guy s I will take a look when the weather gets a bit better, it’s 2008Gs twin with the led tail light.

.... The ZFE uses PWM to change the brightness.

Is this a coded message? Can someone translate for those of us who haven't the first clue what this means. I'm clear that the bike's electronics vary the LED brightness but ZFE & PWM?

Hi guys I don’t have any code displayed. The tail light is on but no brake light.

All sorted guys I repositioned the front brake switch and it’s sorted the problem.
Thanks for the input all.

Now that its sorted, was the brake light on all the time, and sorting the front switch turned it off (going back to just the tail light)?

I had a similar problem, and mistakenly went looking for why the brake light was not coming on, while it was on all the time.....

The brake light was constantly on moving the front brake switch sorted it out. I just loosened the small grub screw and washed the whole switch in and the light went out and now works correctly.

Back
Top Bottom