Just picked up an XR

CNC-REPAIRS.Co.UK

Reaction score
381ee17057da75cbb31539657313f305.jpg

What a machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lucky man to have both. I had to make a choice.

After 2 years on an XR I miss my GSA but I wouldn't swap back!

To be honest after 170miles as long as I can sort handle bar vibration I can’t see a reason to keep the GSA

Vibes on the XR have long been a discussion

Mine was in a very narrow rev range about 5200 to 5400 so i just got used to keeping it out of that and problem solved

I still maintain that the XR is the best bike BMW have ever made

Mine was an early one but it was noticeable the difference in quality to the GSA that it replaced and example being if you look at the rear rack thing it is pretty much exactly the same as on the the GS but alloy rather than plastic

Vibes on the XR have long been a discussion

Mine was in a very narrow rev range about 5200 to 5400 so i just got used to keeping it out of that and problem solved

I still maintain that the XR is the best bike BMW have ever made

Mine was an early one but it was noticeable the difference in quality to the GSA that it replaced and example being if you look at the rear rack thing it is pretty much exactly the same as on the the GS but alloy rather than plastic

I really hope the next XR doesn’t go down the GS route, and BMW decide to cut costs.

I really hope the next XR doesn’t go down the GS route, and BMW decide to cut costs.

Me too

Last year in the Picos i swapped bikes with a mates XR for an hour and it reminded me of just how good a bike they are

If you want to go very fast in comfort there is no better bike in the BMW range and only falls short of the Multi strada because i have one

Actually i reckon the XR is faster than the multi. I never did manage to max the XR and ran out of bravery and road at 160 ish on sat nav and it was still pulling

Did you ever manage a max run ? i reckon they are good for 175 +

Me too

Last year in the Picos i swapped bikes with a mates XR for an hour and it reminded me of just how good a bike they are

If you want to go very fast in comfort there is no better bike in the BMW range and only falls short of the Multi strada because i have one

Actually i reckon the XR is faster than the multi. I never did manage to max the XR and ran out of bravery and road at 160 ish on sat nav and it was still pulling

Did you ever manage a max run ? i reckon they are good for 175 +

I got mine up to 168 on the sat nav, then gave up, but there was still more left. :eek:

So I’ve ordered evotech bar ends and a pair of Michelin road 5 as I really like them on my GS as the original tyres at 5k we’re extremely square!! Ready for me to fit next weekend hopefully! Really want to ride it!!!

They have. My 2019 model has no more vibes the GS I traded in for it.

The GS is like a washing machine, in comparison, it vibrates so much! Always made me laugh when people on here whinged about the vibes. :rolleyes:

What I would say in 10k miles on my GS it has never made my hands get pins and needles. The frequency of the vibes I couldn’t feel. It was just both hands after110 miles on the motorway we’re uncomfortable. GS never did that!

Grip Puppies are a good addition. Then, don't grip the bars like a demented gibbon. If riding at constant revs in the vibratey range, use the cruise control. Ride it properly, you won't notice the vibes.

I think it was because I had a long motorway journey on cruise control at legalish speeds I doubt on a Sunday morning the problem will ever arise!!

Back
Top Bottom